The Student Room Group

OCR A GCSE Biology Paper 4 Higher Tier [9th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Okiiiip
CAN I JUST SAY HOW **** THAT TEST WAS LIKE WORDING AND THE QUESTIONS ITSELF? I still think I did do quite well tho

yeah exactly i lost so much time trying to figure out the punnet square one 😭😭 usually they say homozygous recessive or something but not this time 🤭
Original post by abizz
i put b aswell the (africa ) one

Wait was it not A?
Reply 42
can someone give me the answers to any mcqs u got??
Original post by alisonstrueth
can someone give me the answers to any mcqs u got??

Yh if someone remembers the questions can u pls include that as well? Cos I’ve also seem to have forgotten so many questions
Reply 44
Original post by Student16061
Yh if someone remembers the questions can u pls include that as well? Cos I’ve also seem to have forgotten so many questions

there was one about gregor mendel’s contributions ..can’t remember if i put the dominant/recessive one , do u guys remember what u put?
Reply 45
Original post by nyxonline
there was one about gregor mendel’s contributions ..can’t remember if i put the dominant/recessive one , do u guys remember what u put?

same i put the recessive/dominant option
Reply 46

The first one was A I think something about community the second one was excretion egestion and respiration the last one I kinda guessed I put D. there was a mc about what is a genome forget what letter. That’s all I remember sorry
Reply 47
Original post by Sabrina344
The first one was A I think something about community the second one was excretion egestion and respiration the last one I kinda guessed I put D. there was a mc about what is a genome forget what letter. That’s all I remember sorry

I think 60-65 will be 9 for this paper but 65-70 for first paper. Thoughts since this paper was much harder than past papers. Also I got D for the last question asw. The answer is B for the Gregor Medndel question btw.
Reply 48
Original post by nyxonline
yeah exactly i lost so much time trying to figure out the punnet square one 😭😭 usually they say homozygous recessive or something but not this time 🤭

it said reccesive lmao
Reply 49
Original post by Okiiiip
it said reccesive lmao

yh ik but it didn’t say homozygous or heterozygous like they usually do
Reply 50
Original post by Okiiiip
I think 60-65 will be 9 for this paper but 65-70 for first paper. Thoughts since this paper was much harder than past papers. Also I got D for the last question asw. The answer is B for the Gregor Medndel question btw.

After this paper all I’m hoping for is a 7 cus I’m sorry that paper was disgusting. But I think they only made this paper hard cus paper one was really easy like there was a lot of gap fills like there was a whole 4 marker on a gap fill I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in any paper. Grade boundaries will probs be a little more lenient than 2019 imo.
Original post by Sabrina344

Tysmmm
Also what did everyone get for the mcq about stem cells?
what did anyone get for the question why were moles rat unusual or something using the graph
Reply 53
Original post by Thilibossxd
what did anyone get for the question why were moles rat unusual or something using the graph

Its just to do with the fact that it didnt correlate with the line if best fit of the graph and had a much higher age then what would have been predicted with the graph
Reply 54
Tysmmm
Also what did everyone get for the mcq about stem cells?

i think i put the virus one😭 i think it’s either that or the ‘rejection’ one idk
Original post by gyuj1nss
i think i put the virus one😭 i think it’s either that or the ‘rejection’ one idk

Yh I think I put the one that said adult stem cell are less likely to be infected? Idkkkkk
Reply 56
Original post by Thilibossxd

The higher the mass, the longer they live. But the mole only had a mass of 60g but lived for 18yrs
Reply 57
that paper was so weird like I expected b6.3 content and it was like the weirdest minx of topics like??? I have no clue if I did well or not it’s a paper where I KNOW the mark scheme is gonna be absolutely vile
Reply 58
Original post by nia01207
that paper was so weird like i expected b6.3 content and it was like the weirdest minx of topics like??? I have no clue if i did well or not it’s a paper where i know the mark scheme is gonna be absolutely vile

omg its you
Reply 59
Original post by Ujaval
6 marker was light work

that 6 marker was the best thing on that test

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending