The Student Room Group

OCR A GCSE Biology Paper 4 Higher Tier [9th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
that punnett square confused m so much.... Had to reread it like 4 times to finally get it was Gg for both of them is that right? im hoping
Reply 61
Original post by imcr1122
that punnett square confused m so much.... Had to reread it like 4 times to finally get it was Gg for both of them is that right? im hoping

Yep i got Gg for both too
Reply 62
Original post by alisonstrueth
yep i got gg for both too

everyone saying it was tough makes me feel better cause that test was not what i was expecting. Such a badly worded test. Outrageous done with ocr.
what do you think about the grade boundaries? imo maybe 66-70% as it was 66% in 2021 nov
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 64
Original post by pen_to_paper
what do you think about the grade boundaries? imo maybe 66-70% as it was 66% in 2021 nov

Yh im thinking in this range since the paper was so bad. Hopefully it is so I can clutch a 9.
Reply 65
Original post by imcr1122
omg its you

It's me??
for the graph about demand for fish between 1950 and 2050 what did everyone put?
compared to other paper 2’s it was harder but the 6 marker was acc really good, although it was paper 1 content 😭😭
Reply 67
Original post by YellowBoat004
for the graph about demand for fish between 1950 and 2050 what did everyone put?
compared to other paper 2’s it was harder but the 6 marker was acc really good, although it was paper 1 content 😭😭

i talked about how supply by aquaculture became higher in like 1980 than wild fish supply and since then has been the greatest supplier. i also said its predicted the total demand for fish will go up, the amount supplied by wild fish will decrease however the amount supplied by aquaculture will increase in the future.
what’d y’all get for why multiple sclerosis is difficult to treat?
Reply 69
Original post by shawtybae69

I talked about the use of immunosuppressants and how they can make the patient susceptible to illness and then the difficulties with treating the nervous system
Reply 70
Original post by shawtybae69

i just waffled i said since most nerve cells are found in the spinal chord and brain it difficult to treat it as they are sensitive. it probably wrong
Reply 71
Original post by Ujaval
i just waffled i said since most nerve cells are found in the spinal chord and brain it difficult to treat it as they are sensitive. it probably wrong

Nah i think thats right thats what i got
Reply 72
Original post by 1iwbebdi
Nah i think thats right thats what i got

Guys what does everyone think they got in this test cause I’m scared I did rlly mid. Hopefully grade boundaries for this test are 58-60 for 9
Reply 73
Original post by Okiiiip
Guys what does everyone think they got in this test cause I’m scared I did rlly mid. Hopefully grade boundaries for this test are 58-60 for 9

I think 65 is normally 9 but this time i think it will be a little more lenient than 2019 so 63 might be a 9
I think 65 is normally 9 but this time i think it will be a little more lenient than 2019 so 63 might be a 9

and in 2018 overall it was 66%
Reply 75
Original post by pen_to_paper
and in 2018 overall it was 66%

Yh one of the papers were hard so might be close to this maybe like 70%.
Reply 76
the punnet square question was difficult i got 75% is that correct
Reply 77
Original post by Ujaval
the punnet square question was difficult i got 75% is that correct

Nah, I swr it was the easiest question tho. The answers 25%
Reply 78
Original post by Okiiiip
Nah, I swr it was the easiest question tho. The answers 25%

Idk how i got it wrong i practised it an hour before the exam this one js confused me but well only a 4 marker
Reply 79
Idk how i got it wrong i practised it an hour before the exam this one js confused me but well only a 4 marker

only, every mark matters at this stage of the game

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending