The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Biology Paper 1 [7th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by librarian19
Thank you so much for the mark scheme! Do you by any chance have the mark scheme for the other papers please? Thanks

Yeah here you go
Reply 81
Does anyone mind sharing bio paper 3 2022 as we didn’t end up doing it for mocks, so would like to do it for practice
Reply 82
hi, anyone got any theories or predictions on what the last 5 markers could be :redface:
Reply 83
anyone have tips, good videos or resources specifically for learning all of the heart content before wednesday :frown:
also immunity, i hate these two topics
Original post by pk027
anyone have tips, good videos or resources specifically for learning all of the heart content before wednesday :frown:
also immunity, i hate these two topics

Hi, so the heart is all about learning the structure and vein + artery placements. Then the only other thing is to learn about the structure of the veins and arteries with the lumen, muscle, pressures. Once you know that it is quite easy. I like to make a flow diagram that helps me remember where everything is staring in the right atrium and going all the way around to the vena cava. Immunity is alright but learn an overall pathway, first is phagocytosis, then t-lymphocytes, the b-lymphocytes, once you know that it just depends on where to slot it into the questions. Mainly practice and learn from your mistakes!
Original post by helloavs
hi, anyone got any theories or predictions on what the last 5 markers could be :redface:

The last 3 years have been DNA (2020), DNA, Mass transport and microscopes (2021) and mass transport and digestion (2022). so it is likely that one will show up again but im guessing something about immunity or plants may show up as it has been a while. could be wrong and its DNA and mass transport again haha
Reply 86
Original post by KingNurple
The last 3 years have been DNA (2020), DNA, Mass transport and microscopes (2021) and mass transport and digestion (2022). so it is likely that one will show up again but im guessing something about immunity or plants may show up as it has been a while. could be wrong and its DNA and mass transport again haha

ahh i hope its on proteins or dna or something :smile:
Reply 87
Has anyone got any good ways to memorise inspiration/expiration? I always get confused about if it’s internal or external intercostal muscles relaxing :frown:
Reply 88
Original post by discordhmmm
Hi, do you have a copy of the 2022 papers ? x

sorry not AQA ones, I do edexcel but there is no edexcel thread so I sent my question here, as it applied to bio in general.
Hope you managed to get them from someone else!
Reply 89
Has anyone got any good ways to memorise inspiration/expiration? I always get confused about if it’s internal or external intercostal muscles relaxing :frown:

just learn one and remember its the opposite way around for the other one..
Reply 90
how problematic is it to only learn topics 1-4 for paper 1? like A-level content wont come up rigjt?
Reply 91
Original post by adinal0003
how problematic is it to only learn topics 1-4 for paper 1? like A-level content wont come up rigjt?

I thought paper 1 is just topics 1-4 lol? so no a level content that's all in paper 2 then paper 3 is a mix of both?
Reply 92
Also, does anyone know if practical's 1-6 are paper 1 and 7-12 paper 2?
Reply 93
Original post by docxo
I thought paper 1 is just topics 1-4 lol? so no a level content that's all in paper 2 then paper 3 is a mix of both?

k perfect thought twas that but like scared theyre gonna do some trick question or sm

I remember that during eXpiration, eXternal intercostal muscles relaX. Then the external intercostal muscles do the opposite to the internal intercostal muscles, and the same thing as the diaphragm. You can do all the permutations using these rules for external, internal and diaphragm for expiration and inhalation. This has already been part of a 15 marker, so I don't think it will come up at the end of the paper.
Reply 95
Original post by DanielK1456
I remember that during eXpiration, eXternal intercostal muscles relaX. Then the external intercostal muscles do the opposite to the internal intercostal muscles, and the same thing as the diaphragm. You can do all the permutations using these rules for external, internal and diaphragm for expiration and inhalation. This has already been part of a 15 marker, so I don't think it will come up at the end of the paper.

Omg genuinely tsym!!!
Reply 96
hey , does anyone know how to revise for practicals ? is there specific ones I should focus on more or do I need to know all practicals inside and out ? and does anyone have resources for practicals im really struggling with them . tysm
Reply 97
Original post by Sb17890
hey , does anyone know how to revise for practicals ? is there specific ones I should focus on more or do I need to know all practicals inside and out ? and does anyone have resources for practicals im really struggling with them . tysm

Miss estruch made a practicals video on YouTube!
Reply 98
Original post by docxo
Also, does anyone know if practical's 1-6 are paper 1 and 7-12 paper 2?

plse could someone confirm this. its ok i was being terribly lazy its on the spec.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 99
do we have to know the structure of veins and arteries (eg - veins have thin muscle layers and so on..) because it doesnt really say it on the spec.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending