The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Chemistry A Paper 1 (H432/01) - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your OCR A-level Chemistry A Paper 1 exam go today?

OCR A-Level Chemistry A Paper 1 (H432/01) - Monday 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 12th June / AM
Length: 2h 15m

Resources
OCR A (Chemistry)

Scroll to see replies

What grades is everyone aiming for? At this point I don't even know what to expect :')
Also how much time are we supposed to spend on multiple choice? 15 minutes or more?
Reply 3
Original post by NotChopin
What grades is everyone aiming for? At this point I don't even know what to expect :')
Also how much time are we supposed to spend on multiple choice? 15 minutes or more?

aiming for an A but i'm currently working at C so really stressed out about that. yes for the MCQ ideally spend 15 mins because its 1 minute per mark at least that how I have been taught.
Original post by mo05
aiming for an A but i'm currently working at C so really stressed out about that. yes for the MCQ ideally spend 15 mins because its 1 minute per mark at least that how I have been taught.

I'm in the same position. Currently doing practice papers and it's so bad, especially paper 3, which is my last exam but they are all back to back anyway
Does anyone have any predictions? Paper 3 seems horrid, they just throw everything at you!
Original post by mo05

I would also suggest doing the multiple choice last!!
do section 2 and then do multiple choice later because it’s not worth wasting too much time on them - you can always rush through them at the end but it’s bad to rush through a longer question when you’re running out of time!!
Original post by Mentor05
Does anyone have any predictions? Paper 3 seems horrid, they just throw everything at you!

Machemguy on YouTube has posted videos on predictions for paper 1 & 2. Paper 3 has some weird style of questions, I just don't get it :frown:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by NotChopin

It's understandable to feel unsure about what to expect in terms of grades, so please don’t stress out too much out about that. Can I ask why you are feeling this way? Is there anything we can do to help?

The paper contains 15 multiple choice questions, so it is ideal to allocate approximately one minute per question. If you encounter a difficult question, avoid spending too much time on it and instead move on to other questions, returning to it later if you have time. It's important to avoid leaving any questions blank, as guessing the answer gives you a chance to earn marks, whereas not answering a question at all results in zero marks being awarded.

It’s hard to predict what will come up. As you mentioned, Paper 3 is designed to assess your understanding across all the content, so you will most probably find many of the topics crop up at some point.

Here is a link to the exam thread for Paper 3 if you want to start a discussion about it:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7336117

I’m sure you will do absolutely fine in your exam. Good luck. :smile:
Does anyone know a quick method to calculate enthalpy change of combustion + formation etc, especially in the MCQs
Reply 12
any predictions for p1 like main topic qns that will come up
Original post by simba10
Does anyone know a quick method to calculate enthalpy change of combustion + formation etc, especially in the MCQs

Enthalpy formation = products - reactants
Enthalpy Combustions = reactants - products
Guys off topic but maybe relevant to the exam. I am doing PAG 6.3 Preparation of methyl 3-nitrobenzoate and am just a bit confused with the analysis question. Does anyone have any idea? Thank you so much!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by sb.xo
any predictions for p1 like main topic qns that will come up

On YouTube, MaChem guy has put up some predictions :smile:
Reply 16

MaChemGuy on YouTube has/will probably release one soon
Reply 17
how do. you guys revise pags
Original post by 5hyl33n

OCR A-Level Chemistry A Paper 1 (H432/01) - Monday 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 12th June / AM
Length: 2h 15m

Resources
OCR A (Chemistry)

Anyone got any predictions for what will come up guys?

Latest

Trending

Trending