The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone know how they will adjust the grade boundaries considering the 30 mark differences for an A 2019-2022?
Original post by stefanthestar1
Anyone got any predictions for what will come up guys?

I can’t think of any specific questions but organic synthesis routes come up every year I’m sure, whether it’s the benzene, phenol or normal routes
Reply 22
Original post by catkittycatcat
I can’t think of any specific questions but organic synthesis routes come up every year I’m sure, whether it’s the benzene, phenol or normal routes

Isn't that paper 2 tho?
Original post by docxo
Isn't that paper 2 tho?

yes, my bad! completely forgot this was for paper 1 and not 2😭
as for paper 1, probably some sort of ph question whether it’s buffers, strong acid, weak acid or strong base. There’s almost always some sort of transition element colours question and some redox too
does anyone know what the grade boundaries will be like this year?
Reply 26
Original post by study1234okay

probably a bit lower than 2019
Original post by study1234okay

it obviously depends on how the cohort does but it will most likely be similar to pre-covid years
apparently ocr made physics rlly difficult so thinking im a bit f***ed for chem
Original post by OCRs biggest opp
apparently ocr made physics rlly difficult so thinking im a bit f***ed for chem

not sure if papers for three science subjects are written by a similar group of people?
Reply 30
i heard physics and further maths were the hardest in years too, it’s probably not relative but stem seems harder than previous years so far
Original post by Sophia009
Anyone know how they will adjust the grade boundaries considering the 30 mark differences for an A 2019-2022?

Ive been thinking the exact same lol im interested to see what they do cuz it seemed chemistry had such a big drop in the grade boundaries yet ocr biology grade boundaries went up a little last year so super confused about why chem was dropped so much, it just depends on the cohort i guess

I’m predicting 70/100 will be an A this year for paper 1 and 2 and 40/70 for an A on paper 3? this seems pretty normal and fair to me
Reply 32
Original post by slayingasavet
Ive been thinking the exact same lol im interested to see what they do cuz it seemed chemistry had such a big drop in the grade boundaries yet ocr biology grade boundaries went up a little last year so super confused about why chem was dropped so much, it just depends on the cohort i guess

I’m predicting 70/100 will be an A this year for paper 1 and 2 and 40/70 for an A on paper 3? this seems pretty normal and fair to me

I say they’d be a bit higher than that, that works out to about 67% for an A
Original post by helloavs
I say they’d be a bit higher than that, that works out to about 67% for an A

Tbh, ur right
NEW PREDICTIONS! lol
72/100 on paper 1 and 2
44/70 on paper 3
so 188 marks for an A
I should probably stop trying to guess lol, just nervous ig. But i think these boundaries are very fair considering everything and its not far off 2019’s grade boundaries
Chemistry is so bad how do I make sure I guarantee an A in the exams?
Guys there's literally no point of trying to predict grade boundaries until we've sat the paper (and even then you can't know for sure). It could be super hard, or easier then normal you never know. Just revise everything and hope that all your work pays off
Reply 36
Original post by Infinxty09
Guys there's literally no point of trying to predict grade boundaries until we've sat the paper (and even then you can't know for sure). It could be super hard, or easier then normal you never know. Just revise everything and hope that all your work pays off

Ur definitely right haha, it’s just the nerves getting the better of us sometimes!
Reply 37
Hi everyone. So I looked at papers from 2017 to 2022 and I have made a document that contains all of the major topics that came up. I only focused on Section B, as that is literally 85% of the entire paper. I did the same thing with OCR A Biology Paper 1.
I have also added the prediction topics made by Primrose Kitten. Yes, I bought paper 1 only to experiment, just to see if her predictions are accurate because so many people say they are good and some say they are dead. I'm also dropping prediction topics made by MaChemGuy.
Anyway, I'm going to drop the link to the document below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_s8BBH2vFsVXVRs58ekbwcmnLU2_PH67Ui9n6BUcvwI/edit?usp=sharing

Happy revising
Original post by Infinxty09

Original post by helloavs
Ur definitely right haha, it’s just the nerves getting the better of us sometimes!

Yes haha sorry I know its pointless in me trying to predict it, as helloavs said its the nerves, they are literally operating my body right now! super stressed, just need to make sure i get my A grade ! goodluck to everyone we got this
Original post by DS13990609
Hi everyone. So I looked at papers from 2017 to 2022 and I have made a document that contains all of the major topics that came up. I only focused on Section B, as that is literally 85% of the entire paper. I did the same thing with OCR A Biology Paper 1.
I have also added the prediction topics made by Primrose Kitten. Yes, I bought paper 1 only to experiment, just to see if her predictions are accurate because so many people say they are good and some say they are dead. I'm also dropping prediction topics made by MaChemGuy.
Anyway, I'm going to drop the link to the document below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_s8BBH2vFsVXVRs58ekbwcmnLU2_PH67Ui9n6BUcvwI/edit?usp=sharing

Happy revising

thank you so much, you’re a godsend !!

Latest

Trending

Trending