The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone have any advice on how to imrpove your grade in inorganic chemistry? I have done all the new spec paper 1s and now doing some old spec and practice set papers, I analyse my marks properly with the MS and watch video walkthroughs and go back to the topics I have mistake on and work on them before attemopting a new paper but I don't seem to be exceeding 75% which considering the 2018 and 2019 grade boundries it barely counts as an A (72% for paper 1 is an A in 2019) and I don't know what I should be doing to imrpove. Any tips?
Original post by DS13990609
Hi everyone. So I looked at papers from 2017 to 2022 and I have made a document that contains all of the major topics that came up. I only focused on Section B, as that is literally 85% of the entire paper. I did the same thing with OCR A Biology Paper 1.
I have also added the prediction topics made by Primrose Kitten. Yes, I bought paper 1 only to experiment, just to see if her predictions are accurate because so many people say they are good and some say they are dead. I'm also dropping prediction topics made by MaChemGuy.
Anyway, I'm going to drop the link to the document below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_s8BBH2vFsVXVRs58ekbwcmnLU2_PH67Ui9n6BUcvwI/edit?usp=sharing

Happy revising

I saw your biology document as well and I have been using it. Can't express how thankful I am!!
Reply 42
Original post by soonadentist
I saw your biology document as well and I have been using it. Can't express how thankful I am!!

First of all, thank you for using the document. I'm just tryna help everyone out by mentioning topics that come up over and over again. I'll make Paper 2 and Paper 3 Biology and Chemistry in a few days maybe. Right now I wanna focus on Maths and Bio, which is literally next week. If any of you need help, I'll happily provide you with some. If you want, I can attach a Paper 1 prediction paper from Primrose Kitten for Biology and Chemistry. You don't have to pay me for it, I'll give it for free. Just send me a private message if you want it.
As this is a Chemistry thread, if anyone wants a copy of the 2022 paper 1 chemistry, just let me know. You can use it as a revision resource.

Dilraj
Reply 43
anyone have any ideas how to improve physical chem? i am good with organic but physical is trickyyy
Reply 44
Original post by helloavs
anyone have any ideas how to improve physical chem? i am good with organic but physical is trickyyy

Identify any weaknesses that you have. Try to do questions related to that topic. I recommend using Dalton Chemistry Tuition. They do topic questions for inorganic and organic papers.
Reply 45

i'm the opposite haha, any tips for organic?
Reply 46
Original post by docxo
i'm the opposite haha, any tips for organic?

my best tip would be to learn the mechanisms and conversions, like really understand it and how they work, remembering all the reagents and stuff, that comes up a lot like 50% of the paper - as for nmr, i am clueless so if anyone knows how to do nmr i would like some help lmao
my best tip would be to learn the mechanisms and conversions, like really understand it and how they work, remembering all the reagents and stuff, that comes up a lot like 50% of the paper - as for nmr, i am clueless so if anyone knows how to do nmr i would like some help lmao

With NMR, most of the time I can never get the final compound but that is only one mark. So i make sure to show all the steps for how to work it out. Chemical shift and the group it relates to, talks about the splitting pattern, the relative number of hydrogens and carbons in the specific environment.
hey does anyone know how good chemrevise notes are? do they cover everything in the spec?
Reply 49

can you drop the link for the biology one pls really appreciate it :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by liljoonie
can you drop the link for the biology one pls really appreciate it :smile:

OCR Biology yh:
Topics - https://docs.google.com/document/d/11KaMWppCA0RTdBy_TUJj7obqzOhzT9iIlbUWnZS9ys4/edit?usp=sharing
Actual 6 markers + predicting 6 markers - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I8uOcCLrlrxsmuo5BeqDMMGlKWx7k4cCoc_QM8nPdWU/edit?usp=sharing
Happy revising
heyy, for all papers it says well be tested on module 1 but what do we actually need to know (practicals/methods/results)?
Reply 52

by any chance do have aqa? if u dont thats fine, thank you anyways :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by liljoonie
by any chance do have aqa? if u dont thats fine, thank you anyways :smile:

Nope, sorry
Does anyone have any advice for the multiple choice sections on the chemistry exams I always do really badly on that part
Does anyone have the ocr 2022 papers? I have aqa and can swap.
Reply 56
First of all, thank you for using the document. I'm just tryna help everyone out by mentioning topics that come up over and over again. I'll make Paper 2 and Paper 3 Biology and Chemistry in a few days maybe. Right now I wanna focus on Maths and Bio, which is literally next week. If any of you need help, I'll happily provide you with some. If you want, I can attach a Paper 1 prediction paper from Primrose Kitten for Biology and Chemistry. You don't have to pay me for it, I'll give it for free. Just send me a private message if you want it.
As this is a Chemistry thread, if anyone wants a copy of the 2022 paper 1 chemistry, just let me know. You can use it as a revision resource.

Dilraj

Send it to me bro the biology
Reply 57
can you send the primose predicted papers please for bio and chem

Can you send the link for the papers here

Dilraj
Reply 59
I think I'm going to do rlly bad in my chemistry

Latest

Trending

Trending