The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ishyy123
i bought some prediction papers but idk if they would be of any help please tell me if you would like me to drop it

pleaseeeeeeeee post them!
Reply 81
Original post by sb.xo
what website did you get them from? please share if possible!

my teacher bought them, it wont let me attach paper 2
Reply 82
Original post by Urghhhhh
please share it if you can @ishyy123

i did but wont let me attach paper 2
Reply 83
Original post by urghhhhh
pleaseeeeeeeee post them!

i diiidddddd
Reply 84
i diiidddddd

thank you sm!
Reply 85
Original post by imames1
https://sites.google.com/view/machemguyocra/exam-papers-solutions

MaChemGuy is a really helpful resource for Chemistry revision and he's uploaded his model answers for all the new spec past papers.

Thank you for this!! but it doesn't have the 2022 paper/ms :frown:
How prepared is everyone feeling for this exam?
Reply 87
i did but wont let me attach paper 2

maybe you can place it in a google doc and post it that way? not sure ;; but thank you so much for the papers!!
Reply 88
As far as I'm aware the 2022 paper is still locked so you'd have to ask a teacher/someone with OCR access for a copy of it, even then I still don't think they're allowed to give out the mark scheme :frown:
Original post by sdwivedi
Reply 89
Original post by sdwivedi

Sorry, it's under "MACHEMGUY ANSWERS (A LEVEL CHEMISTRY)". He hasn't uploaded the plain paper, just a version with his model answers on it.
Reply 90
Original post by y.165
How prepared is everyone feeling for this exam?

Not at all
Someone please send ocr 2022 papers. I can swap for aqa
Reply 92
my teacher bought them, it wont let me attach paper 2

thanks so much for this!! even if they aren't very accurate still good practice. Good luck with your exams :smile:
in everyones opinion whats the hardest paper 1 past paper youve done for chem
Hi guys, a little help please with the 2022 paper 1

can someone explain these multiple choices
q5, q6, q8, q10, q11

i hate multiple choice lol. thats what im panicking for the most on monday

otherwise im feeling confident ish, but biology has knocked my confidence a bit lol
Original post by slayingasavet

q5, q6, q8, q10, q11

otherwise im feeling confident ish, but biology has knocked my confidence a bit lol

The multiple choice are horrible after that bio exam i feel so much less confident too

q5, q6, q8, q10, q11

If you have the papers can you share them please
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 97
question 5 you have to do the mass of the molecules/4 to find the mass of 1, then multiply by avogadro. Should give you something around 32 and answer is B (O2)

question 6 it says the pigment is made up of Fe3+ Fe 2+ and CN-, there are 18 C and 18 N so charge must be 18-, you then just have to make 18+ out of the different Fe3+ and Fe2+. Answer is B.

question 8, equation ln2 / half life so ln2 / 80 should give you answer A

Question 10: Simple entropy, Gas is most disordered, then liquid/aq, then solid. so in the question if you're condensing something it's changing from gas to liquid, therefore becoming less disordered this means a negative entropy change. Condensation is an exothermic process so enthalpy is negative as well. Answer A

Question 11: NaOH/OH- would react with H+ to form H2O equilibrium would then shift right to restore the conc of H+ ions therefore colour stays yellow. answer D

Hope it helps :smile:

q5, q6, q8, q10, q11

Original post by embl123
question 5 you have to do the mass of the molecules/4 to find the mass of 1, then multiply by avogadro. Should give you something around 32 and answer is B (O2)

question 6 it says the pigment is made up of Fe3+ Fe 2+ and CN-, there are 18 C and 18 N so charge must be 18-, you then just have to make 18+ out of the different Fe3+ and Fe2+. Answer is B.

question 8, equation ln2 / half life so ln2 / 80 should give you answer A

Question 10: Simple entropy, Gas is most disordered, then liquid/aq, then solid. so in the question if you're condensing something it's changing from gas to liquid, therefore becoming less disordered this means a negative entropy change. Condensation is an exothermic process so enthalpy is negative as well. Answer A

Question 11: NaOH/OH- would react with H+ to form H2O equilibrium would then shift right to restore the conc of H+ ions therefore colour stays yellow. answer D

Hope it helps :smile:

This helps, thank you! multiple choice is a nightmare. Its the worst feeling realising I could miss marks on multiple choice even tho i know how to do it lol

anyway thanks again! :smile:
Reply 99
Yeah it's so bad but I think the key is just read the question and try and calm down, because it's the first section it can be rushed and easy mistakes made, because its not gonna be super complex just relax and don't go for the first answer that jumps at you. In some papers they really try to trick you!
This helps, thank you! multiple choice is a nightmare. Its the worst feeling realising I could miss marks on multiple choice even tho i know how to do it lol

anyway thanks again! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending