The Student Room Group

Integration by parts

Can someone please explain or answer question 6 in the edexcel a level textbook, page 307, chapter 11, exercise 11E
It would be helpful if you could share the question itself. Not everyone has your textbook in hand (I don't, for one).

That said, if you want to use IBP, usually you want to find something to differentiate. and the rest to integrate.

Also, mind sharing what you have tried?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Jack Freeman
Can someone please explain or answer question 6 in the edexcel a level textbook, page 307, chapter 11, exercise 11E

Upload a photo of the question and what you've tried
Original post by Muttley79
Upload a photo of the question and what you've tried

sorry, i'm having a problem uploading the image, thanks for trying to help though
sorry, i'm having a problem uploading the image, thanks for trying to help though

Alternatively, upload to an image hosting site, such as imgur.com, and post the link.
Reply 5

If you're still having problems uploading images, at least try to type the function you're trying to integrate, along with your attempted working or what you don't understand.

You can format maths expressions on here with Latex tags e.g. [noparse]xsinxdx\int x \sin x dx[/noparse] gives you xsinxdx\int x \sin x dx

If I have found the question I think you are referring to, that is an integration by substitution question - not an integration by parts question (IBP is excercise 11F in the Edexcel textbook).

EA6FBB39-C5AE-4EDA-B0E3-1430196104DA.jpeg

Is the question 6 on this page the one you are referring to? If so, what have you tried so far?
Hi, yes this is the question.

Link to image below for what I've done so far

https://imgur.com/a/6kPWsGw

Original post by TypicalNerd
If I have found the question I think you are referring to, that is an integration by substitution question - not an integration by parts question (IBP is excercise 11F in the Edexcel textbook).

EA6FBB39-C5AE-4EDA-B0E3-1430196104DA.jpeg

Is the question 6 on this page the one you are referring to? If so, what have you tried so far?
Hi, yes this is the question.

Link to image below for what I've done so far

https://imgur.com/a/6kPWsGw

e4x=(ex)44u2+8e^{4x}=(e^{x})^4\not=4u^2+8
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest