Scroll to see replies

Could you send it to me as well
Reply 21
Original post by Alizeh1
I have it. Shall I send it

could you send it to me asw thanks
Reply 22
Original post by ronok19
anybody got any predictions on what might come up based on previous papers? also how are you revising currently?

there has been a lot of qustions previously on the minimum wage. Market structure tends to come up a lot for the 25 markers. I believe it could be government intervention or perhaps another area of the labour market?
Reply 23
Original post by Alizeh1

could u send it to me as well please?
Reply 24
Original post by Alizeh1

Can I have it aswell please
thanks
Reply 25
can i have it tooooo (Original post by Holly01234)Yes thanks
Reply 26
guys i been sittting on D's all year. do u think it's possible to get a B in the exam? if anyone could send me high mark answers id really appreciate it
Original post by Alizeh1

Please may you send it to me too?
Original post by supersundy
So what are people thinking will come up?

I’m going to give u guys 10 questions from predicted papers I found. Brainstorm ur ideas here if you’d like?

1) Maximum prices are used by governments to correct market failures, often because the outcomes of particular markets are considered unfair. For example, in the UK the government already caps the price of household energy (gas and electricity) and water in a bid to ensure they are affordable. Campaigners have also suggested that they should consider a price ceiling for rented accommodation on the pay of highly paid workers such as chief executives.
Evaluate the effects of the implementation of price caps. Illustrate your answer with reference to markets of your own choice.
(Total for Question = 25 marks)

2) Should resources be allocated by market forces or through government planning or in a command economy? Some economies which were once
planned, such as China, are now much more market orientated. However, economies which are still largely planned, such as Cuba, still exist.
Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of free market economies. Illustrate your answer with reference to examples of your own choice.

3) Governments have a range of tools for correcting market failure, including taxes, subsidies, direct state provision of services, regulation, the provision of information. However, there is not guarantee that intervening will always make things better and it is important to be mindful of the possibility of government failure.
Evaluate the causes of government failure when governments intervene in markets. Refer to interventions and or markets of your choice in your answer.

4) Economists often argue that markets work well, as scare resources are allocated to the uses in which they generate the most utility. One example of market failure occurs in the labour market and is seen in the immobility of labour between different regions and in different occupations. As well as
failure in the labour market itself, the immobility of labour can make it difficult for firms to respond to changes in consumer demand in product markets, this too causing market failure.
Evaluate the market failures associated with labour immobility. Illustrate your answer with examples of your own choice.

5) There is a shortage of medical staff in the UK. England for example has 28 doctors for every 10,000 people. In similar EU countries, there are 37 doctors per 10,000 people. The UK Government is considering expanding the list of shortage occupations to make it easier for doctors to enter and work in the United Kingdom. Evaluate possible solutions to a shortage of workers in an industry of your choice.
(25 marks)

6) With high inflation, some governments are resorting to price caps. This includes
a price cap on energy in the UK, with the difference between the price cap and
wholesale prices paid through government borrowing. Other European economies
have implemented similar schemes to cap oil and gas prices.
Evaluate the consequences of maximum prices. Refer to an industry or industries
of your choice. (25 marks)

7) The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has found cases of collusion in the construction industry, but states that difficult market conditions are no excuse to break competition law.The CMA, in 2020, fined Vp and MGF over £15 million for
“sharing confidential information relating to current and future pricing and co-ordinating their commercial activities to reduce strategic uncertainty”. Evaluate the effects of collusion on firms and consumers (25 marks)

8) The UK has faced a series of strikes, including among nurses, doctors, railway
workers and postal workers. As a response to this, the UK Government has
promised to tighten legislation around trade union activities. The Trade Union Act
of 2016 required at least 50% of trade union members to vote in any strike ballot,
for a strike vote to be valid. Further restrictions to be introduced could include
requiring minimum levels of service for certain sectors while strikes are ongoing or
even banning strikes outright.
Discuss the microeconomic impacts of tighter restrictions on trade union activity.
Refer to an industry of your choice.

9) Several technology companies including Uber, Spotify and AirBnB have pursued
the so-called “blitzscaling” business model, focusing initially on maximising sales
and market share while making little in the way of profits. At the same time, more
firms are making environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives a key part
of their business goals, with over 30% of firms including ESG measures in their key
performance indicators in 2021.
Evaluate the advantages for firms of pursuing objectives that are not profit maximisation. Refer to an industry or industries of your choice (25 marks).

10) Since leaving the European Union, the UK Government has replaced the EU Emissions Trading Scheme with the UK Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS).. This covers power generation, industry and aviation, though some sectors do receive free permits. For the UK firms that participated in the EU ETS before the UK left the
EU, pollution fell from 236 million tonnes per CO2 equivalent to just under 130 million tonnes per CO2 equivalent. Evaluate the effectiveness of tradable pollution permits in improving welfare (25
marks).
Reply 29
Original post by Alizeh1

could i have this too please?
Reply 30
Original post by JamesClark19
I’m going to give u guys 10 questions from predicted papers I found. Brainstorm ur ideas here if you’d like?

1) Maximum prices are used by governments to correct market failures, often because the outcomes of particular markets are considered unfair. For example, in the UK the government already caps the price of household energy (gas and electricity) and water in a bid to ensure they are affordable. Campaigners have also suggested that they should consider a price ceiling for rented accommodation on the pay of highly paid workers such as chief executives.
Evaluate the effects of the implementation of price caps. Illustrate your answer with reference to markets of your own choice.

2) Should resources be allocated by market forces or through government planning or in a command economy? Some economies which were once
planned, such as China, are now much more market orientated. However, economies which are still largely planned, such as Cuba, still exist.
Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of free market economies. Illustrate your answer with reference to examples of your own choice.

3) Governments have a range of tools for correcting market failure, including taxes, subsidies, direct state provision of services, regulation, the provision of information. However, there is not guarantee that intervening will always make things better and it is important to be mindful of the possibility of government failure.
Evaluate the causes of government failure when governments intervene in markets. Refer to interventions and or markets of your choice in your answer.

4) Economists often argue that markets work well, as scare resources are allocated to the uses in which they generate the most utility. One example of market failure occurs in the labour market and is seen in the immobility of labour between different regions and in different occupations. As well as
failure in the labour market itself, the immobility of labour can make it difficult for firms to respond to changes in consumer demand in product markets, this too causing market failure.
Evaluate the market failures associated with labour immobility. Illustrate your answer with examples of your own choice.

5) There is a shortage of medical staff in the UK. England for example has 28 doctors for every 10,000 people. In similar EU countries, there are 37 doctors per 10,000 people. The UK Government is considering expanding the list of shortage occupations to make it easier for doctors to enter and work in the United Kingdom. Evaluate possible solutions to a shortage of workers in an industry of your choice.
(25 marks)

6) With high inflation, some governments are resorting to price caps. This includes

7) The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has found cases of collusion in the construction industry, but states that difficult market conditions are no excuse to break competition law.The CMA, in 2020, fined Vp and MGF over £15 million for
“sharing confidential information relating to current and future pricing and co-ordinating their commercial activities to reduce strategic uncertainty”. Evaluate the effects of collusion on firms and consumers (25 marks)

8) The UK has faced a series of strikes, including among nurses, doctors, railway
promised to tighten legislation around trade union activities. The Trade Union Act
of 2016 required at least 50% of trade union members to vote in any strike ballot,
for a strike vote to be valid. Further restrictions to be introduced could include
requiring minimum levels of service for certain sectors while strikes are ongoing or
Discuss the microeconomic impacts of tighter restrictions on trade union activity.

the so-called “blitzscaling” business model, focusing initially on maximising sales
and market share while making little in the way of profits. At the same time, more
firms are making environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives a key part
of their business goals, with over 30% of firms including ESG measures in their key
Evaluate the advantages for firms of pursuing objectives that are not profit maximisation. Refer to an industry or industries of your choice (25 marks).

10) Since leaving the European Union, the UK Government has replaced the EU Emissions Trading Scheme with the UK Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS).. This covers power generation, industry and aviation, though some sectors do receive free permits. For the UK firms that participated in the EU ETS before the UK left the
EU, pollution fell from 236 million tonnes per CO2 equivalent to just under 130 million tonnes per CO2 equivalent. Evaluate the effectiveness of tradable pollution permits in improving welfare (25
marks).

where did you find these?
Reply 31

(25 marks)

marks).

are these past paper questions or actual predicted paper questions that are unseen
Original post by KiaChan1
are these past paper questions or actual predicted paper questions that are unseen

They are made up questions about topics that could come up.
Reply 33
If you send me your email I will send the examiners report as I am unable to upload in on student room for some reason. I also have the mark scheme if anyone is interested. Sorry about the inconvenience
This is so helpful, thank you so much!!! Do you have the macro questions too?

(25 marks)

marks).
Original post by ronok19
anybody got any predictions on what might come up based on previous papers? also how are you revising currently?

I pick a topic and jot down on my whiteboard - like paraphrase use arrows etc and sorta read out loud or whispers to myself if ygm but it helps as it’s all active recall more likely to stick in your head
Original post by sebs1717
Okay so forget the discord con about selling papers, can we have a genuine discussion about what topics/essays people on here are predicting to come up?

Econ plus dal has recently released predicted vids on what he thinks could come which has been useful to look at in more depth
Original post by hennah0006
guys i been sittting on D's all year. do u think it's possible to get a B in the exam? if anyone could send me high mark answers id really appreciate it

I’m pretty much the same but I’ve never been tested properly for mocks and we’ve got three exams to get our overall grades. I suggest know your graphs well and when to use them. Draw a graph and connect it to the topics and jot down what u could write about based on them.
Reply 38
Original post by Alizeh1

can i have it
Reply 39

(25 marks)

marks).

can you send paper 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending