The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Geography B Paper 1 (1GB0 01) - 22nd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your GCSE Geography B Paper 1 exam go?

Edexcel GCSE Geography B Paper 1 (1GB0 01) - 22nd May [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 22nd May (afternoon)
Length: 1 hr 30 mins

Resources
Qualification: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/geography-b-2016.html
(edited 11 months ago)
This is the Global Geographical Issues paper

The thread for the other Edexcel Geography GCSE qualification is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7345879
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
What do you think will come up tomorrow?
Reply 3
Original post by MishMohan
What do you think will come up tomorrow?

I feel like in development, it might be something on the impact of economic growth on people. For climate and tectonics, i think there might be something on making prediction on future climate change and uncertainty for the future. Not really sure about urbanisation
Best of luck today everyone!
So, how did everyone do
That was unbelievably easy.
Original post by JoshuaLowthion

hey ! how did it go?
Reply 8
What was the 8 maek questions - does anyone remember?
Reply 9
Great exam couldn't believe the first 8 marker wasn't about volcanoes or earthquakes but overall it was a very nice paper
Reply 10
The topic 3 8-marker was about sustainability in bottom-up and top-down development in a named megacity in a developing or emerging country
The topic 2 8-marker was about how far an emerging or developing country's development has been impacted by its location
The topic 1 8-marker was about how far you agree with the view that human causes of climate change are more important than natural causes

Original post by fozzy2k9rf
What was the 8 maek questions - does anyone remember?
Original post by Evil Homer
hey ! how did it go?

Very well. Unless I messed up a simple 1/2 mark calculation through me misunderstanding it I do not see I might have gone wrong there.
Reply 12
Original post by cxllm
The topic 3 8-marker was about sustainability in bottom-up and top-down development in a named megacity in a developing or emerging country
The topic 2 8-marker was about how far an emerging or developing country's development has been impacted by its location
The topic 1 8-marker was about how far you agree with the view that human causes of climate change are more important than natural causes

For the topic 2, I messed up I think. I spoke about location and the other factors (TNCS, globalisation) that have influenced the country that I studied. But does it exclusively have to be about location
Reply 13
Original post by JoshuaLowthion

frrr
Reply 14
Original post by Mrdino32
For the topic 2, I messed up I think. I spoke about location and the other factors (TNCS, globalisation) that have influenced the country that I studied. But does it exclusively have to be about location

its fine, as long as you mentioned why it is and why it is not the most important factors causing the countries development.
Reply 15
Original post by Mrdino32

I did the same, but instead I talked about liberalisation of the economy as a big factor but I think its fine as long as you have a conclusion
Reply 16
Original post by ibzzzzz
its fine, as long as you mentioned why it is and why it is not the most important factors causing the countries development.

All right. I did that thankfully.
Reply 17
For topic 3 I wrote about unsustainable and sustainable living conditions, rather than the environment.
Would that be fine?
Reply 18
I also talked about the location of one of the seven wonders of the world near the megacities of my country, as well as the country's location as a whole near the UAE and China for easy trade for topic 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending