The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HELPBISH
I just need someone to read over my 25 marker cus I'm sitting privately and I wanna just improve even if its last minute.
Can anyone just read over mine and give me some feedback ig whose been getting A/A* also any tips would be great lmao
Any suggestions for the 25 mark structure?
also how do you not go off topic i stg thats the hardest thing.....

Atm just going over content and doing essay plans and some full written for timing

I'm pretty much doing same thing just planning essays and revising content on big topic areas. Try to do intro then 3-4 middle paras then conclusion but crucially evaluation throughout answer in every para. Always link to question and try to use real world content to boost your marks. Only way to improve 25 marker is to practice lots and lots of essays even if they are brief plans, really helps me.
Reply 21
so completely terrified rn, somehow just realised macro is only 4 days later thought it was more like a week
Reply 22
Original post by pk027
so completely terrified rn, somehow just realised macro is only 4 days later thought it was more like a week

Samee!!
How much revision have u guys done for macro so far?
Reply 23
Original post by zzhh11
Samee!!
How much revision have u guys done for macro so far?

not much but we studied alot of the macro topics v recently (and it kinda feels like macro is way less content???)
i did a macro practice question today bc it will help with content but still has some benefit for micro cos im practising exam technique
but yh its so hard to balance cos i just wanna focus on the closest exam !!
Original post by pk027
not much but we studied alot of the macro topics v recently (and it kinda feels like macro is way less content???)
i did a macro practice question today bc it will help with content but still has some benefit for micro cos im practising exam technique
but yh its so hard to balance cos i just wanna focus on the closest exam !!

Macro is deffo more content. But I do find it easier in terms of the exam qs
Original post by HELPBISH
I just need someone to read over my 25 marker cus I'm sitting privately and I wanna just improve even if its last minute.
Can anyone just read over mine and give me some feedback ig whose been getting A/A* also any tips would be great lmao
Any suggestions for the 25 mark structure?
also how do you not go off topic i stg thats the hardest thing.....

Atm just going over content and doing essay plans and some full written for timing

Theres a website called EdGenie where they can mark a whole paper or single essays. They're professional examiners and it only takes a few days. I suggest you do this if you have the money.
Reply 26
Original post by Llawyer123
Macro is deffo more content. But I do find it easier in terms of the exam qs

Wait marco has more content???
Original post by zzhh11

Not loads more but yh.
Original post by zzhh11

As in, it's more in depth
Original post by zzhh11

Are you still going through content?
Reply 30
As in, it's more in depth

True!
Reply 31
Are you still going through content?

Revisionwise yes, so im a bit worried as i havent finished lol
Original post by zzhh11
Revisionwise yes, so im a bit worried as i havent finished lol

Well you've got a bit more time till macro.
Reply 33
my teacher said tha inequality hasnt been a main focus so potentially could be that
Original post by Logiso
my teacher said tha inequality hasnt been a main focus so potentially could be that

You mean for context 2? Context 1 is always product market questions right?
Reply 35
You mean for context 2? Context 1 is always product market questions

in my opinion i think inequality will be a main focus of an essay pair in section B , i think market failure and structure will be the focus in context 1 and 2
Reply 36
Original post by Logiso
in my opinion i think inequality will be a main focus of an essay pair in section B , i think market failure and structure will be the focus in context 1 and 2

Yh i agree with this i think section A context 1 could be like negative externalities and context 2 like monopolistic competition or something. But then section B will likely have inequality and competition policy or something similiar.
Original post by 16bhatam
Yh i agree with this i think section A context 1 could be like negative externalities and context 2 like monopolistic competition or something. But then section B will likely have inequality and competition policy or something similiar.

Would you not think context 2 would be labour markets? Like always
Reply 38
Would you not think context 2 would be labour markets? Like always

It definitely could be instead of market structures but im not sure what big extract they could have on labour markets especially since 2022 had the gig economy which was to do with labour workers so im not sure tbh but revise everything for sure.
how are you guys revising exactly?

Latest

Trending

Trending