The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Economics Paper 1 (7136/1) - 18th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

This poll is closed

How did your AQA A Level Economics Paper 1 exam go?

The exam was reasonable/It was alright45%
It was terrible, I don't even want to talk about it6%
Neither good or bad, I'm just hoping for the best/preparing for the worst20%
Something Else (let us know in the thread!)1%
Not feeling great about that exam...7%
Loved the exam - Feeling positive21%
Total votes: 687
AQA A-Level Economics Paper 1 Markets and market failure (7136/1) - Thursday 18th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Also, check out our article of student reactions to the exam - your comments this thread might be on there!

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Thurs 18 May / AM
Length: 2h

Resources

AQA Economics
the thread for paper 2 can be found here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7339109
Well done everyone :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys what big essay questions do you think could come up this Yr? I'm thinking market structures and market failure is guaranteed but I'm not sure what areas of these topics in particular to look at.
Original post by 16bhatam
Hey guys what big essay questions do you think could come up this Yr? I'm thinking market structures and market failure is guaranteed but I'm not sure what areas of these topics in particular to look at.

Privatisation/nationalisation not been tested since 2019, so chance that comes up this year perhaps
Yh true I've revised it a bit so wouldn't mind it tbf. Positive or negative externalities is likely to appear as well I feel as a 25 marker
Reply 4
How many past papers have you guys done/aim to do?
Reply 5
econ plus dal has put up predictions for both paper 1 and 2 but he’s basically said everything:frown:
Original post by ritz19
econ plus dal has put up predictions for both paper 1 and 2 but he’s basically said everything:frown:
Econ plus dal seems to be the GOAT for A-level Economics.
Reply 7
Original post by Talkative Toad
Econ plus dal seems to be the GOAT for A-level Economics.

Fr I use him for basically everything Econ. How ready are you for the exam?
my revision is going horribly I cant manage to remember everything properly enough to answer exam style since the only actual practice ive had is revising for one exam that has only had one or two topics :frown:
Original post by Llawyer123
Did the "exam" (wasn't really a proper exam in that year) in 2021. I just know that he's the GOAT based on what I've heard others say about him.
It’s hard to predict questions for macro as anything can come up with the question. Worded differently
Focus on know the content to the best
How we doing for revision guys? Are we confident?
Reply 13
How we doing for revision guys? Are we confident?

Yh pretty good I'm hoping econdals hot topics for paper 1 come thru. But I've been revising the main topics well so hopefully I'll be good🤞. Wbu?
Yh pretty good I'm hoping econdals hot topics for paper 1 come thru. But I've been revising the main topics well so hopefully I'll be good🤞. Wbu?

Some days confident some days not so much. Like it depends on the past paper questions, some are nice some aren't, and the context too. How many past papers have you done?
Reply 15
I've done quite a few 25 markers but I also like to just just plan.. I've done lots of these. For example I did a 25 marker plan on deregulation in case it comes up, I'm with u sometimes I'm confident other days not as much.
I've done quite a few 25 markers but I also like to just just plan.. I've done lots of these. For example I did a 25 marker plan on deregulation in case it comes up, I'm with u sometimes I'm confident other days not as much.

Same I'm just planning, I've written a few essays just to get my timing right, but planning mainly, just going thru 1 past paper at a time
Reply 17
Same I'm just planning, I've written a few essays just to get my timing right, but planning mainly, just going thru 1 past paper at a time

Same, timing could be tough so deffo need to practise essays timed.
Reply 18
How are we structuring our 9 markers? Some people say 2 points, diagram, definitions and explanation with application. Others say 1 point.
Reply 19
I just need someone to read over my 25 marker cus I'm sitting privately and I wanna just improve even if its last minute.
Can anyone just read over mine and give me some feedback ig whose been getting A/A* also any tips would be great lmao
Any suggestions for the 25 mark structure?
also how do you not go off topic i stg thats the hardest thing.....

Atm just going over content and doing essay plans and some full written for timing

Latest

Trending

Trending