The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by lushlife889
I know i wrote about the NHS but i cannot for the life of me remember what i said or even if it was valid, how do yall remember so much, that whole exam was a blur😭

Yeah the NHS is an example of a monopsony, so you just explain how it has power to set wages.
Also, for one of my points I argued that imposing a NMW is not desirable for services like the NHS cuz it increases cost of production and explained that...
That's all I can remember lol
anyone got a predicted mark scheme?
Reply 522
Original post by Half human
Can also mention how the environment is a public good and people do not have an incentive to take care of it, therefore over-production of the batteries occurs

This logic is actually incorrect because a battery manufacturer will only supply what the market demands. not overproduce just because people can go outside.
is inflation or deflation likely to come up ?
Reply 524
Original post by stephanie10111

I would make sure to cover it since it is quite topical at the moment (so know the pros cons policies etc) - but usually revising that ends up being similar to revising other areas like taxes and the budget deficit etc (which could defo come up)
Original post by stephanie10111

it was in last years so maybe not
does anyone remember the questions for paper 1 context 1, I'm looking online and can't find them anywhere

Latest

Trending

Trending