The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

how helpful are predicted papers you think?
Original post by Ilovemydaddy
how helpful are predicted papers you think?
Wouldn't rely on predicted papers.
Reply 42
In the exam how do u guys plan you essays and how long do you take planning each essay.
I feel like i cant think of very many points on the spot, it comes to me as i write. But the that means my structure gets really messed up.
Original post by 16bhatam
It definitely could be instead of market structures but im not sure what big extract they could have on labour markets especially since 2022 had the gig economy which was to do with labour workers so im not sure tbh but revise everything for sure.

My teacher said there will always be market structures, never only labour markets, cos they have to test a wide range of the spec
Reply 44
What in market structures do you guys think will come up
Original post by Sairlon
What in market structures do you guys think will come up

People are saying market failure
Reply 46
Original post by Llawyer123
My teacher said there will always be market structures, never only labour markets, cos they have to test a wide range of the spec

Yh that's probably right
Reply 47

Apparently monopolistic competition is a likely hot topic idk though
Reply 48

Definitely, most likely negative or positive externalities and policies to solve them
Reply 49
Original post by Sairlon
Apparently monopolistic competition is a likely hot topic idk though

Yh contestable markets as well right econplusdal
Reply 50
How are you guys revising atm I’m abit stuck
Original post by Sairlon
How are you guys revising atm I’m abit stuck

Wdym? Like content? You still doing content?
Reply 52
Wdym? Like content? You still doing content?

No not content
Reply 53
Original post by Sairlon
No not content

Try planning essays like thinking of pros and cons then writing out like point 1... and the how u would evaluate it. It rlly helps because u can get essay structure without spending ages writing out full 25 markers. Just brief Plans.

E.g monopoly think of pros and cons then try to evaluate them and this can build a nice structure.
Reply 54
Try planning essays like thinking of pros and cons then writing out like point 1... and the how u would evaluate it. It rlly helps because u can get essay structure without spending ages writing out full 25 markers. Just brief Plans.

E.g monopoly think of pros and cons then try to evaluate them and this can build a nice structure.

Appreciate it do you think it’s more important to have a the plans than doing the whole thing under timed conditions so you have the points which I guess gives you more time
Original post by Sairlon
Appreciate it do you think it’s more important to have a the plans than doing the whole thing under timed conditions so you have the points which I guess gives you more time

Obviously both is important. I'd say do plans till about end of tomorrow then mon to wed do it timed, to get that right, get used to writing it all out
Reply 56
Original post by Sairlon

I think under timed conditions is important but i think after lots and lots of plans the points will come to you. For monopoly: I know that any question that comes up i would talk about allocation prod and x inefficieny as the cons. These points I already know so it will save me time as I can just write and don't have to think about them. Similarly for market failure ik policies to solve each externality so if there a q on it then I can just write so Time won't be a big issue. Hope this helps :smile:
I think under timed conditions is important but i think after lots and lots of plans the points will come to you. For monopoly: I know that any question that comes up i would talk about allocation prod and x inefficieny as the cons. These points I already know so it will save me time as I can just write and don't have to think about them. Similarly for market failure ik policies to solve each externality so if there a q on it then I can just write so Time won't be a big issue. Hope this helps :smile:

Yep, just to add, still helps to write a couple full papers out, just to get the feel. So it's not the first time in the exam.
Reply 58
Yep, just to add, still helps to write a couple full papers out, just to get the feel. So it's not the first time in the exam.

Yep that's a very good point as well timed conditions is key👍
Reply 59
keep practicing diagrams aswell , diagrams are usually marks

Latest

Trending

Trending