The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Economics Paper 2 (7136/2) -22th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kate005
Hi,
This may be a bit late. I'm not completely sure but there has been some possible debate of globalisation appearing. This is because apparently, they haven't asked it yet, I'm not completely sure if it has appeared or not. I did look through 2-3 of the most recent ones and there was nothing on there, so you never know. Personally, it's not really a topic that I'm comfortable with but I also did see someone else mention that globalisation was predicted by their teacher. My teacher said that there is a possibility of it appearing but again it's only a possibility and this hasn't been one of the topics that have been discussed in Econplus Dal's ' Hot Topic' video. This also hasn't been discussed with other economics YouTubers. Anyway, I don't know if this was helpful but I wish the very best to everyone.

Good luck with paper two guys :smile:

If you don't mind me asking what is the general gist of the topics economics youtubers and teachers have predicted?
Original post by Kate005
Hi,
This may be a bit late. I'm not completely sure but there has been some possible debate of globalisation appearing. This is because apparently, they haven't asked it yet, I'm not completely sure if it has appeared or not. I did look through 2-3 of the most recent ones and there was nothing on there, so you never know. Personally, it's not really a topic that I'm comfortable with but I also did see someone else mention that globalisation was predicted by their teacher. My teacher said that there is a possibility of it appearing but again it's only a possibility and this hasn't been one of the topics that have been discussed in Econplus Dal's ' Hot Topic' video. This also hasn't been discussed with other economics YouTubers. Anyway, I don't know if this was helpful but I wish the very best to everyone.

Good luck with paper two guys :smile:

it was a 25 mark last year so I don't think it will come up as a massive topic
Reply 62
Hi does anyone have any ideas of questions they could ask about protectionism? A lot of people are saying it’s likely to come up
Reply 63
Original post by Half human
It's more to show that policies that are aimed to increase AD will not necessarily cause a fall in the natural rate of unemployment, and inflation is the main reason for this. But remember, this is only focusing on the natural rate of unemployment, not all types of unemployment. High inflation (depending on the cause) can definitely cause an increase in cyclical unemployment

How does high inflation increases cyclical unemployment? Thanks for the rest of explanation
Original post by Kahabaja
Hi does anyone have any ideas of questions they could ask about protectionism? A lot of people are saying it’s likely to come up

It'll just be about like tarriffs, how they affect imports. Free trade vs protectionism, etc quotes, trade subsides. Just do a few papers and you'll see they ask similar things a lot of the times tbf
Reply 65
HI
does anyone know if you can get level 3/4 (whichevers the highest one cant remember) on 25 markers if you only have 2 points (fully developed, one for, one against with eval and a conclusion)
or is it just maxed at 15 or whatever
THANKS
Reply 66
Can anyone please let me know what real world context I could use for protectionism question? Thanks
Original post by pk027
HI
does anyone know if you can get level 3/4 (whichevers the highest one cant remember) on 25 markers if you only have 2 points (fully developed, one for, one against with eval and a conclusion)
THANKS

Yes, you can
Reply 68
Original post by Llawyer123
Yes, you can

tysm
Reply 69
Idk if this is dumb but why does lower corporation tax attract FDI?
Reply 70
Original post by siviplay22

This is one thing I can never seem to find a proper answer for since FDI is firms making investments in another country why would the corporation tax of the firm be important ?

Simple answer is, no one likes paying tax. Do you? Neither do firms, therefore they'll set up there. Fdi also includes skilled labour, wouldn't you like low income tax.
Reply 72
Original post by Llawyer123
Simple answer is, no one likes paying tax. Do you? Neither do firms, therefore they'll set up there. Fdi also includes skilled labour, wouldn't you like low income tax.

Wait so FDI is firms setting up in another country’s ??? The aqa definition is when firms in one country make investments into another country.
Reply 73
Wait so FDI is firms setting up in another country’s ??? The aqa definition is when firms in one country make investments into another country.

Or is the investment the country in general as in them setting up there ?
Original post by pk027
HI
THANKS

No way they are capping you at 15 for 2 points that's not how their marking works. It's all about depth of analysis, so 2 points is likely better because you'll probably have gone a lot deeper into explaining chains of reasoning and eval. Make sure to have a conclusion weighing up either point you made tho
Reply 75
Original post by Tomorii
Can anyone please let me know what real world context I could use for protectionism question? Thanks

china vs usa trade wars
Reply 76
Original post by memeister27
No way they are capping you at 15 for 2 points that's not how their marking works. It's all about depth of analysis, so 2 points is likely better because you'll probably have gone a lot deeper into explaining chains of reasoning and eval. Make sure to have a conclusion weighing up either point you made tho

ok thank you!!
i just took a look at the simplified ms we were given and it says level 5 is IDEALLY 3 points, put even if my 2 points weren't good enough for L5, Lv4 is capped at 20 marks which is still pretty good
ms says 3-4 fully developed points in a conclusion, what do they mean by fully developed (considering its a conclusion) / how do u guys structure yours???
Reply 77
Can I see this unofficial ms??
Reply 78
can someone pls explain crowding out i just dont get how exp fiscal policy leads to debt leads to higher interest rates
Reply 79
Also I think I screwed up p1s privatisation question - I said due to profit motive in private sector> p>mc, allocative inefficiency> eval depends on objectives of from in private sector could satisfice. Point 2> dynamic efficiency due to private sector beneficial in places like healthcare> eval could go to shareholders like apples high dividend payments> point3 > natural monopoly U.K. tap water not worth breaking up productive efficiency> eval diseconomies of scale? > conclusion privatisation gains depend on mrk structure> not good for natural monopoly, however profit motive in other sectors may lead to better offerings for consumers. I didn’t even mention Royal Mail or east coast mainline rail for examapls just B-road examples of NHS apple brew dog and U.K. tap market- also I just did privatisation w monopoly outcomes I didn’t talk about cma ability to regulate and contestability creating better outcomes like I didn’t mention those once

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending