The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Economics Paper 2 (7136/2) -22th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by pk027
HI
does anyone know if you can get level 3/4 (whichevers the highest one cant remember) on 25 markers if you only have 2 points (fully developed, one for, one against with eval and a conclusion)
or is it just maxed at 15 or whatever
THANKS

for single policy/thing yh
Reply 81
Section a I did regulation on petrol and diesel cars> reduce pollution from these cars > however jobs destroyed then subsidise Evs > lower costs up amount on road lower emissions> however negative production externality in production? Cobalt travelling 20km before getting in an ev and theirs I did information provision to switch cars to transport like trains or evs instead of petrol using information failure argument > however consumers may not listen also although ads may make people wanna switch from petrol to ev evs are still really expensive thus many can’t switch even with perfect info. Conclusion regulation likely best policy as although it may make people use EVs with negative production externalities rather than Petrol that’s likely better than not having that switch in this climate change context
Reply 82
I’m screwed man
Reply 83
Original post by Rajeshi
Can I see this unofficial ms??

oh sure 1 sec
Original post by Rajeshi
Also I think I screwed up p1s privatisation question - I said due to profit motive in private sector> p>mc, allocative inefficiency> eval depends on objectives of from in private sector could satisfice. Point 2> dynamic efficiency due to private sector beneficial in places like healthcare> eval could go to shareholders like apples high dividend payments> point3 > natural monopoly U.K. tap water not worth breaking up productive efficiency> eval diseconomies of scale? > conclusion privatisation gains depend on mrk structure> not good for natural monopoly, however profit motive in other sectors may lead to better offerings for consumers. I didn’t even mention Royal Mail or east coast mainline rail for examapls just B-road examples of NHS apple brew dog and U.K. tap market- also I just did privatisation w monopoly outcomes I didn’t talk about cma ability to regulate and contestability creating better outcomes like I didn’t mention those once

stop stressing you're going to be fine that's a well developed chain of reasoning
Reply 85
16846957043484619050522633265370.jpg
Original post by pk027
can someone pls explain crowding out i just dont get how exp fiscal policy leads to debt leads to higher interest rates

well it doesn't necessarily lead to higher interest rates, but usually the government will borrow to be able to finance additional government spending and cuts in taxation. to do this the government borrows money. if more people borrow money, the supply of loanable funds falls so the interest rate on borrowing these loanable funds goes up.
Reply 87
Original post by pk027
16846957043484619050522633265370.jpg

Original post by memeister27
stop stressing you're going to be fine that's a well developed chain of reasoning

Nah I’m just thinking that bro my whole first chain of profit motive was me sayn that privatisation leads to profit motive leads to mr=mc etc but I never spoke about competition leading to any effects I DIDNT MENTION HOW PRIVATISATION LEADS TO COMPETITORS etc, didn’t mention any specific examples like Royal Mail and I didn’t mention in the eval that govt policy like price caps etc and lowering barriers to entry would make market more competitive. I screwed it badd
Reply 88
Original post by memeister27
well it doesn't necessarily lead to higher interest rates, but usually the government will borrow to be able to finance additional government spending and cuts in taxation. to do this the government borrows money. if more people borrow money, the supply of loanable funds falls so the interest rate on borrowing these loanable funds goes up.

makes sense thank u x
Reply 89
Good Luck everyone! By the looks of things lots of people aren't prepared for macro, tho don't let that bother you too much. We will have more than sufficient time to prepare for paper 3!
WE ARE SO DEAD. I don't have a good feeling about this one! :frown:
Original post by ^MISSF^
How does high inflation increases cyclical unemployment? Thanks for the rest of explanation

High inflation can cause a decrease in the real incomes of households, hence reducing AD. Labour is a derived demand for goods and services so demand for labour also falls, increasing unemployment.
Guys can a depreciation of the exchange rate attract FDI? Because foreign companies find it cheaper to pay workers and invest in capital assets.
GUYS say i mind blank really bad and can't think of many diagrams will i be capped? like if i put only one in a 25 marker? also what if i don't have a proper conclusion but i do lots of evaluating within the actual answer?
Original post by ihateocrphysics
GUYS say i mind blank really bad and can't think of many diagrams will i be capped? like if i put only one in a 25 marker? also what if i don't have a proper conclusion but i do lots of evaluating within the actual answer?

Always had an issue with this due to my timings- to really try and secure ur marks if yk ur prone to not finishing make sure u evaluate throughout yes!! And then at the end if you really need to rush a conclusion, say whether you agree/disagree/to what extent and just outline any limitations. Mentioning short/run long run briefly can really help out (; not saying this gonna get u the most marks but it gets you into that band for evaluating concluding.

In my y12 mocks I ran out of time and lost sm marks from not doing a conclusion in 25 marker. In Jan I was in a similar situation but since I evaluated along the way managed to gain much more (:
Original post by blushingsakura
Always had an issue with this due to my timings- to really try and secure ur marks if yk ur prone to not finishing make sure u evaluate throughout yes!! And then at the end if you really need to rush a conclusion, say whether you agree/disagree/to what extent and just outline any limitations. Mentioning short/run long run briefly can really help out (; not saying this gonna get u the most marks but it gets you into that band for evaluating concluding.

In my y12 mocks I ran out of time and lost sm marks from not doing a conclusion in 25 marker. In Jan I was in a similar situation but since I evaluated along the way managed to gain much more (:

Thankyou sm!!! I'll defo use this advice tmr lol
Original post by Half human
Guys can a depreciation of the exchange rate attract FDI? Because foreign companies find it cheaper to pay workers and invest in capital assets.

Yeah the depreciation of the exchange rate effectively makes the labour force more affordable for foreign companies, potentially encouraging them to invest in the country. By taking advantage of lower labour costs, foreign companies may find it financially beneficial to establish operations or expand their existing presence in the country, leading to increased foreign direct investment
Reply 97
Good luck for tomorrow
Hey everyone, how did you all find the exam?

AQA A-level Economics

Reply 99
Paper was good. Section A plus essay 3 was what I did
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending