The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Could monopsonies come up that’s what I think hasnt come up
Original post by chomskylover
it is the dullest topic ever. plus it's not exactly easy. nobody likes it because its so dull

Oh ok.
Reply 42
Original post by Sairlon
Could monopsonies come up that’s what I think hasnt come up

came up in paper 1 essay 2 with trade unions so I doubt it.
Reply 43
Original post by 16bhatam
came up in paper 1 essay 2 with trade unions so I doubt it.

So what hasn’t come up besides financial markets
Reply 44
Original post by Sairlon

Trade-protectionism and current account deficit
Exchange rates
Economic development

Main ones that have not come up
Original post by Sairlon

Didn't financial markets come up in paper 2? Pretty sure it was context 2?
Exchange rates
Economic development

I think protectionism is quite likely for this paper
Reply 47
Exchange rates
Economic development

Development and financial markets have already come up. Maybe inequality and poverty.
Standard of living and inequality came up in 2020
Original post by dinosaurz
Development and financial markets have already come up. Maybe inequality and poverty.
Original post by dinosaurz

Development hasn't come up this year
How would development be tied into microeconomics tho?
Original post by Llawyer123
Development hasn't come up this year

So dev Econ basically linking to Econ growth and Dev right, so when you get Econ growth you get neg ext in prod, that's an example. It doesn't have to be a 50/50spit of micro and macro. Often it's actually more macro biased, paper 3.
Reply 52

They don't have to tie into both I don't think, it's just that topics from both sides of the course could come up. But also inequality and stuff is in micro so that could tie in. Anyway, development kind of came up already in essay 3 for macro talking about living standards? I mean I didn't answer that question but it seemed kind of like a development question but worded differently
Could get a question on protectionism and competition within markets, who knows
Original post by juicygcse
They don't have to tie into both I don't think, it's just that topics from both sides of the course could come up. But also inequality and stuff is in micro so that could tie in. Anyway, development kind of came up already in essay 3 for macro talking about living standards? I mean I didn't answer that question but it seemed kind of like a development question but worded differently
Original post by juicygcse

Living standards is 1 small bit of Econ dev, so I don't think that q was abt Econ dev, cos the q was about Econ growth and living standards, which is a diff topic. A dev q is always easy to spot, often about FDI, AID, developing countries, etc
Reply 55
can i get away with not even touching financial markets for revision lol
Reply 56
Original post by Llawyer123
Living standards is 1 small bit of Econ dev, so I don't think that q was abt Econ dev, cos the q was about Econ growth and living standards, which is a diff topic. A dev q is always easy to spot, often about FDI, AID, developing countries, etc

Fair enough, like I said I didn't answer it and our teacher covered both topics together so I don't really understand the difference lol. Wouldn't mind a development question coming up so I'm not mad
Reply 57
What are the main things you guys are gonna revise tonight?

Don't want to miss out anything but I am gonna practise a bunch of MCQs including the videos by econplusdal!

is paper 3 mostly macro and we just need to thread micro effects in as well?

any last minute tips?
Reply 58
Does anyone know what credit is and in which topics it comes up?
Reply 59
Original post by zaheenn
can i get away with not even touching financial markets for revision lol

nah because it always comes up in mcqs every year unless you just guess those lol

Latest

Trending

Trending