The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Ndidmdk
What are the main things you guys are gonna revise tonight?

Don't want to miss out anything but I am gonna practise a bunch of MCQs including the videos by econplusdal!

is paper 3 mostly macro and we just need to thread micro effects in as well?

any last minute tips?

the paper is a split micro and macro tbh, all you need to do is make sure you know some micro effects if its macro. i think it will most likely be macro: protectionism or current account or smthing so a few micro effects of this will make the 25 much easier. But learn all micro n macro content.
Im thinking its something to with behavioural economics - cause i was expecting it to come up but it didn't in p1? dunno maybe that and financial market failure? unlikely tho because i don't think AQA would be that mean
Reply 62
Original post by idonotreallyknow
omg same i do bio and chem too n most of my econ revision is today

at least after tomorrow we'll have econ out the way and only have to worry ab them 2
U guys recon we can get financial market as 25 or 15 tomorrow?
Reply 64
Original post by help.me.pls
U guys recon we can get financial market as 25 or 15 tomorrow?

I mean we can, but I'm not sure anyone wants it.
Any tips on how to revise for it then ?
Reply 66
Original post by help.me.pls
Any tips on how to revise for it then ?

I would revise what counts as assets and liabilities for MCQs, causes of financial market failure (asymmetric information, moral hazard, market rigging, etc.), consequences of financial market failure (systemic risk, reduced confidence, government bailouts, etc.), and potential financial market regulations (liquidity/capital ratios, capping interest rates, etc.). Look through your textbook and watch some econplusdal videos on the topic is my best suggestion. Honestly, I'm just hoping it doesn't come up, or at least if it does that the extracts are really helpful
Thx
Reply 68
I lost my economics teacher at the end of December and my college only had the one so ive basically been self teaching and stuck with subs for the whole year, because of this i had no idea development economics was even a thing and have very little knowledge on financial markets.

I've got away with it so far but from what i can see these are common and likely topics for tomorrow's exam. Does anyone have any last minute tips/ideas? Thank you so much if you do.
Original post by MitchWinz
I lost my economics teacher at the end of December and my college only had the one so ive basically been self teaching and stuck with subs for the whole year, because of this i had no idea development economics was even a thing and have very little knowledge on financial markets.

I've got away with it so far but from what i can see these are common and likely topics for tomorrow's exam. Does anyone have any last minute tips/ideas? Thank you so much if you do.

did he die or? 'I lost' makes it sound like that
Original post by zakh2222
X

Please don't share off-site group chats here or through PMs, you can use this thread to discuss the exam or students can find the relevant threads here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7324695
Reply 71
Any last minute tips?25 marker essay structures? Do we need to talk about micro and macro in the 15 marker AQA?

Also Will anyone do the mcqs last? Or at the start?
Reply 72
Original post by Ndidmdk
Any last minute tips?25 marker essay structures? Do we need to talk about micro and macro in the 15 marker AQA?

Also Will anyone do the mcqs last? Or at the start?

at the start and aim to complete within 25 minutes
Hey, everyone :smile: How did the exam go?

AQA A-level Economics

Reply 74
Original post by Pwca
Hey, everyone :smile: How did the exam go?

AQA A-level Economics

Bad
Reply 75
Original post by matt17720
Thought it went quite well to be honest. Thought the multiple choice was harder than the essay questions, as well as being harder than other years multiple choice questions

What did u guys write about. For the 25
Guys what's the max marks I can get on a 25 marker, 1 good Intro, 1 good for paragraph, 1 bad against paragraph and bad judgement. By bad I mean underdeveloped with no Eval. Ran out of time
Reply 77
What was the fisher equation one does anyone know? Also comparative advantage was crazyyy
Reply 78
Anyone else just completely run out of time? I took way too long on the multi choice and it messed up the rest of the paper for me
Reply 79
Original post by JamesBeer
Anyone else just completely run out of time? I took way too long on the multi choice and it messed up the rest of the paper for me

Happened to me, but mainly because I took too much time on the 10 marker which was a rlly big mistake

Latest

Trending

Trending