The Student Room Group

Undergraduate physics degrees

I am currently studying a level biology, chemistry and physics and I am currently getting A's and B's. Although I do not study a level maths I am most interested in physics and want to do a physics degree, although I am still very interested in biology/ chemistry related degrees. I know that most universities will require you to do both a level maths and physics for a physics degree, however at the university of Kent, which is very close to me, the physics degree with a foundation year is one or the other, with lower grade boundaries. So I could apply to this course but would I still struggle too much with the maths?
Original post by JackBouch
I am currently studying a level biology, chemistry and physics and I am currently getting A's and B's. Although I do not study a level maths I am most interested in physics and want to do a physics degree, although I am still very interested in biology/ chemistry related degrees. I know that most universities will require you to do both a level maths and physics for a physics degree, however at the university of Kent, which is very close to me, the physics degree with a foundation year is one or the other, with lower grade boundaries. So I could apply to this course but would I still struggle too much with the maths?

Are you any good at Maths? If Kent don't need it for their Foundation course, and you're generally a good mathematician (clearly there's a lot of Maths in A level Physics) then you should be OK.

If you struggled in GCSE Maths, then you might struggle with the Maths element of a Physics degree too.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Are you any good at Maths? If Kent don't need it for their Foundation course, and you're generally a good mathematician (clearly there's a lot of Maths in A level Physics) then you should be OK.

If you struggled in GCSE Maths, then you might struggle with the Maths element of a Physics degree too.

Ok, thank you I did good at GCSE maths and I have been fine with the maths in the physics a level so far.
Original post by JackBouch
Ok, thank you I did good at GCSE maths and I have been fine with the maths in the physics a level so far.

Then you'll likely be fine on that Foundation course at Kent.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Then you'll likely be fine on that Foundation course at Kent.

Ok, Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending