The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Film and visual culture Aberdeen University

I am thinking of going to aberdeen university for film and visual culture but I am not 100% if it’s a good idea or if the course is more practical or Theoretical if anyone is doing the course it would be nice to know more information!
Original post by Anonymous
I am thinking of going to aberdeen university for film and visual culture but I am not 100% if it’s a good idea or if the course is more practical or Theoretical if anyone is doing the course it would be nice to know more information!

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Apologies we didn't notice this thread earlier! We won't be able to say exactly what it's like to study the programme but can certainly give you some information.

The course page on our website has a section near the start titled 'What You'll Study'. In there there is a breakdown of the different modules you will study during your time in this degree with a little information on what they involve which might be useful for you: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree-programmes/616/W690/film-visual-culture/
As far as I understand it it does involve watching and analysing media, but if by 'practical' you mean actual filmmaking then I'm uncertain. What may be best is getting in contact with the School of Language, Literature, Music and Visual Culture which is the department of the uni who run this course and would have more info on the course content. You can email [email protected] with your questions and they should be able to get you some more details.

Sorry we can't get you more information about this here, but hope that it's helpful! If you did have any more questions about Aberdeen or coming to uni that you would like to chat about let us know, always happy to!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending