The Student Room Group

best choice for an international student from the us?

hii. to cut to the chase i'm an int. student from NYC. i'm applying to both the uni of glasgow and manchester on UCAS and i'm intending to major in film production. i'm looking for a big city environment, lively music scene, lots of venues/pubs/nightlife, decent rent (under 1k on average), generally friendly people, and of course good academics...just be honest and tell me what you think fits me best. i'm palestinian by the way. :pal:
For film production: CILECT film schools in big cities
LCC in UAL and Westminster in London
Edinburgh and Edinburgh Napier
South Wales in Cardiff
Leeds Beckett

Neither Glasgow or Manchester are accredited or well known for their film schools
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
For film production: CILECT film schools in big cities
LCC in UAL and Westminster in London
Edinburgh and Edinburgh Napier
South Wales in Cardiff
Leeds Beckett

Neither Glasgow or Manchester are accredited or well known for their film schools

i’m aware they aren’t the best film schools but i do not want to go to school in london or most of the south…plus i am double majoring. i’m mostly wondering what uni would be best based on what i’m looking for culturally + what the people are like + what would be best for filming solo projects.
Original post by cheerupbaby
i’m aware they aren’t the best film schools but i do not want to go to school in london or most of the south…plus i am double majoring. i’m mostly wondering what uni would be best based on what i’m looking for culturally + what the people are like + what would be best for filming solo projects.

Leeds, Cardiff and Edinburgh aren’t in the south
Original post by cheerupbaby

The issue is that in the UK most dont major/minor degrees. That is a USA thing rather than UK. You can do joint degrees but that isnt mainly what happens here.

Universities offering film courses dont tend to be the higher ranking universities. It is something that isnt done in that type of institution.

Cardiff is quite good for this type of course as lots of programmes films get filmed there. As an example Dr Who is being filmed there. I dont enough about film courses to help you but @PQ has more knowledge than anyone in this area.
Reply 5
Ignoring the course, Manchester would be the safest bet for what you're looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending