The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine

I’m in second year biomed applying for graduate entry medicine this year and I’m currently on a 2:2 will I be able to still apply this year (and hopefully get a 2:1 In 3rd year) or do I have to wait till I’m holding the 2:1 then apply next year? Also if I do apply do most universities at this stage look at your UCAT score to filter out candidates?
Reply 1
Original post by 1234prince
I’m in second year biomed applying for graduate entry medicine this year and I’m currently on a 2:2 will I be able to still apply this year (and hopefully get a 2:1 In 3rd year) or do I have to wait till I’m holding the 2:1 then apply next year? Also if I do apply do most universities at this stage look at your UCAT score to filter out candidates?

If you're predicted a 2:2 then apply to GEPs which accept that. If you get a 2:2 offer, great. If you don't, aim to get a 2:1 and apply the following year with your degree.

If you're predicted a 2:2 this year and you apply to a medical school which requires a 2:1 you'll receive a rejection.

UCAT policy varies hugely between medical schools - there is no one size fits all answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending