The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Classical Civilisation - Homeric World [25th May 2023] Exam Chat

OCR GCSE Classical Civilisation - Homeric World (J199/21) - Thursday 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Thursday 25th May 2023 / PM

Length: 1h 30m

Resources
Sources 1
Sources 2
Sources 3
Writing the Linear B Tablets
Linear B Tablets
Death Mask of Agamemnon
Lion Head Rhyton
Pyxis
Fresco
Warrior Vase
Lion Dagger
Homeric Simile
Podcasts 2.1 - 2.8
Odyssey Book 9 - Episodes 1 & 2
Odyssey Book 9 - Episode 3
Odyssey Book 9 - Episode 3 continued
Xenia
Nostos
Kudos and Aidos
Homeric Hero
Supplication
Odysseus Unmasked
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
i think the date on this post is wrong as im pretty sure it is 25th may (next week aaah) but how is everyone feeling! i havent started my homeric world culture revision as im stressing over sciences, but for the odyssey i am feeling alright!
Original post by artem1s
i think the date on this post is wrong as im pretty sure it is 25th may (next week aaah) but how is everyone feeling! i havent started my homeric world culture revision as im stressing over sciences, but for the odyssey i am feeling alright!

oops
I got it right in the title but not the post. I'll amend it.
Reply 3
Anyone got any 15 marker predictions? or even just 8 marker ones
Reply 4
Hi all, with two days to go I thought I'd share this if you're in need of some last-ditch Homer revision. This is Emily Wilson (who's done a fantastic translation of The Odyssey, which I highly recommend in general) acting/summarising the Odyssey books. Good way to get a quick grasp/reminder of the plot. It's an...interesting experience to watch, but it's effective at getting the basics across quickly.
Best of luck in the exam, everyone!

https://www.emilyrcwilson.com/odyssey-a-day
How did you all feel about the exam? My son said he felt he did so-so with the Myceanaean stuff (always his weakest section), but pretty well with the Odyssey section.
Reply 6
i forgot how to read a clock and ran out of time !!!!!!!!
(by like five mins its okay)

not too bad though. i enjoyed the mycenae stuff, i was very lucky we had done the odyssey literally the hour before or i think i would have lost at least ten more marks...
and yeah, time management was an issue (as it ever is with this paper, i guess)
Original post by tlppi
i forgot how to read a clock and ran out of time !!!!!!!!
(by like five mins its okay)

not too bad though. i enjoyed the mycenae stuff, i was very lucky we had done the odyssey literally the hour before or i think i would have lost at least ten more marks...
and yeah, time management was an issue (as it ever is with this paper, i guess)

Glad you found it a doable paper
Reply 8
Does anyone know the hard questions in the homeric world 2023 paper
Reply 9
Original post by m236773
Does anyone know the hard questions in the homeric world 2023 paper

Aayan stop trying to cheat on the test

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending