The Student Room Group

Kc question

Hi, please could someone check if i have understood Kc correctly?

This reaction is my example (assume all are aqueous and the reaction is in a dynamic equilibrium): A + B --> C

In terms of dynamic equilibrium:
When i increase the concentration of A, the dynamic equilibrium would shift to the right to minimize the change, so that the ratio of products to reactants stays the same.

In terms of Kc:
When i increase the concentration of A, the denominator increases, which would change the value of Kc. The numerator would then change, so that the ratio goes back to what it was, before the change was made.

Thanks!
Sounds good to me! Just to add more detail in a q abt how increasing conc of A would change Kc, you would then have to say that Kc decreases as per what u have said, due to the larger denominator. Practice tons of qs on PMT and u should be fine with understanding the topic !
Reply 2
Original post by t0rschlusspan1k
Sounds good to me! Just to add more detail in a q abt how increasing conc of A would change Kc, you would then have to say that Kc decreases as per what u have said, due to the larger denominator. Practice tons of qs on PMT and u should be fine with understanding the topic !

ok, thank u so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest