The Student Room Group

Wjec alevel chemistry analysis

Did the wjec alevel chemistry analysis paper today… how did everyone find it?
Original post by Sheepwool
Did the wjec alevel chemistry analysis paper today… how did everyone find it?

It was objectively hard. Most questions should have been manageable given sufficient revision. Didn’t know the answer to the penultimate question though. I was running out of time and guessed that some NH4Cl from the organic solvent dissolved in the water and made a basic buffer with the NH3(aq), hence preventing titration. Also, what was up with the figures obtained from the graph for proving that the reaction was first order. When calculating the rate of the reaction with half the conc. of reactant, it was between being half and a quarter of (the rate)!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Some dudeeleedoo
It was objectively hard. Most questions should have been manageable given sufficient revision. Didn’t know the answer to the penultimate question though. I was running out of time and guessed that some NH4Cl from the organic solvent dissolved in the water and made a basic buffer with the NH3(aq), hence preventing titration. Also, what was up with the figures obtained from the graph for proving that the reaction was first order. When calculating the rate of the reaction with half the conc. of reactant, it was between being half and a quarter of (the rate)!

I literally said the same for the penultimate question, just not in that much detail! And yeah, that graph was bs bc it should have doubled and wasn’t??? I just waffled and made up measurements because no matter where i tried, it was not doubling/halving!! What did you get for the Kc question?

Quick Reply

Latest