The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Biology B Paper 3 (9BI0 03) - 21st June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ifif4
Can someone please help me with the chi squared calculations? How do I work it out?

so u are given the observed values. u have to find the expected via using the ratio. add the ratio and do the total observed/total ratio. then multiply this to the separate ratios to get ur expected values.do observed - expected and square this then then divide this by the expected. do this for how many values there is and add the numbers to get you chi squared value. then compare this to ur critical vale. if critical value is greater then accept null hypothesise and say there is no sig difference between observed and expected and that and difference is due to greater then 5 percent chance
Reply 21
Original post by ramzan11111
so u are given the observed values. u have to find the expected via using the ratio. add the ratio and do the total observed/total ratio. then multiply this to the separate ratios to get ur expected values.do observed - expected and square this then then divide this by the expected. do this for how many values there is and add the numbers to get you chi squared value. then compare this to ur critical vale. if critical value is greater then accept null hypothesise and say there is no sig difference between observed and expected and that and difference is due to greater then 5 percent chance

thank you so much
Reply 22
Original post by ifif4
Can someone please help me with the chi squared calculations? How do I work it out?

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 21.59.08.pngheres my notes on chi squared stuff
Reply 23
Original post by aysha0520
Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 21.59.08.pngheres my notes on chi squared stuff

Thank you
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 24
Original post by sylkiebot
Guys can someone please help me with these questions?

for eyepiece graticule i think u can count the number of tiny divisionswhich is 90 (9 divisions between 0-50), total in the circle equals the diameter of the heart
Reply 25
Original post by epoch.ly
guys i need advice asap, i left paper 3 past papers until too late, i mean i like to think i have okay background knowledge but my exam technique needs refining. should i give up attempting past papers first, and do flashcards by going straight to mark scheme answers instead, or attempt the past papers first and then mark them. i am quite short on time and i think the flashcard method would be fastest but what do u think would be more effective

I’m literally on the same exact page as u and I was disappointed to see no one has replied 😞😞 I have no idea what to do
Reply 26
Original post by Idkbroo
I’m literally on the same exact page as u and I was disappointed to see no one has replied 😞😞 I have no idea what to do

asked my friend, they suggested to do the papers and as much as u can then mark bc youre more likely to remember the answers. i can attest to that in previous cases so i decided to do that. make sure to really absorb the answers. if u dont have time try to do 2 today, wake up early, 2 tomorrow, prioritise 2017,2018,2019,2021 bc 2020 is presumably easier
Reply 27
guys i need advice asap, i left paper 3 past papers until too late, i mean i like to think i have okay background knowledge but my exam technique needs refining. should i give up attempting past papers first, and do flashcards by going straight to mark scheme answers instead, or attempt the past papers first and then mark them. i am quite short on time and i think the flashcard method would be fastest but what do u think would be more effective

or if ur rly rly short on time then do the past papers with the mark scheme open so u understand how they want u to answer certain stuff
Reply 28
Original post by aysha0520
or if ur rly rly short on time then do the past papers with the mark scheme open so u understand how they want u to answer certain stuff

this is a good idea - i tried it for maths but havent thought of it for bio - thanks!
Reply 29
any predictions for topics that may come up that havent come up on the first two papers?
Reply 30
asked my friend, they suggested to do the papers and as much as u can then mark bc youre more likely to remember the answers. i can attest to that in previous cases so i decided to do that. make sure to really absorb the answers. if u dont have time try to do 2 today, wake up early, 2 tomorrow, prioritise 2017,2018,2019,2021 bc 2020 is presumably easier

I will marry u thabks sm
Reply 31
any thoughts on topic likely to come up
Reply 32
Good luck, I'm going to revise the structure of a nephron
Reply 33
Guys, how did you find the exam?
Hey everyone :smile: How did you find the exam?

A-level Biology

what was the devise as experiment which proves water comes from oxygen and not CO2?
Original post by KillSwitch12
what was the devise as experiment which proves water comes from oxygen and not CO2?

Hill reaction
Reply 37
Original post by KillSwitch12

i think you're on the wrong thread, this is biology b
Reply 38
What did y'all get for the maths:
3.11 mm for the scale measurement for the lung vessel
21 for the degrees of freedom
around 7.6 for the t value
around 3.5 for the bees question
glad it's over
also that graph area was really tiny.
Reply 39
Original post by fegbird
i think you're on the wrong thread, this is biology b