The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Biology B Paper 3 (9BI0 03) - 21st June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ifif4
like 2.41 something

i and a few others got 7.6 so thats most likely the answer and your mean and sd are probably wrong, however if you said the right degrees of freedom and rejected the null you'll probably get marks for that
Reply 61
Original post by ifif4
what was the labels A and B at the start

A was trachea i think
B im not sure so i guessed air sacs
Reply 62
Do u know why I got -7.6?
Reply 63
Original post by d00r
A was trachea i think
B im not sure so i guessed air sacs

I said spiracle for B lol I think that’s wrong
Reply 64
Original post by Me_43

i also got -7.6 first. I figured it wasnt right because the values in the table were not even close so i switched the order of numerator (the mean) and got +7.6
Reply 65
Original post by d00r
i got -7.6 first. I figured it wasnt right because the values in the table were not even close so i switched the order of numerator (the mean) and got +7.6

Do you reckon I get anything even for conclusion
Reply 66
Original post by ifif4
what was the labels A and B at the start

A= trachea
B= spiracle
Reply 67
Original post by Me_43
Do you reckon I get anything even for conclusion

for sure. u might also get ecf for calculation too
Reply 68
Original post by d00r
for sure. u might also get ecf for calculation

Hopefully ☺️
Reply 69
Can someone explain the diameter of the tracheoles question? It said trachea was 0.9mm and the image diameter was like 6cm. Tracheoles image diameter was 1cm so divided 0.9/6 to get 0.15 mm
Reply 70
Original post by basicacid
What did y'all get for the maths:
3.11 mm for the scale measurement for the lung vessel
21 for the degrees of freedom
around 7.6 for the t value
around 3.5 for the bees question
glad it's over
also that graph area was really tiny.

got the same thing except degrees of freedom isn't 21 bc dof = n-1
Reply 71
Original post by Freya_Bea
What did people get for the gibberellin stock solution? I got like 3:9997 but probably wrong

I got the same thing!
Reply 72
Original post by d00r
Can someone explain the diameter of the tracheoles question? It said trachea was 0.9mm and the image diameter was like 6cm. Tracheoles image diameter was 1cm so divided 0.9/6 to get 0.15 mm

i measured it as 5mm and did 5/0.9, then did 1 divided by that answer to get 0.18
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 73
Original post by d00r

that's the method ur meant to use to figure it out but some people got 6 some people got 5 so the answer is either 0.15mm or 0.18mm
Reply 74
Original post by Me_43

i also got -7.6 and everyone in my class and others i know did too. pretty sure its right
Reply 75
thoughts on grade boundaries? if theyre as high as 2019 i dont think i can get an A
I think they might be the same or slightly lower ?
Reply 77
Original post by lena657391
i also got -7.6 and everyone in my class and others i know did too. pretty sure its right

I got -7.6 too but then it depends on how you answer the next question? like if you have a minus value its lower than the critical value and if it's positive then you've got a value greater than the critical
Reply 78
For the genetic engineering of soya was the vector the ti plasmid? I put that but thought it could be the bacteria
Reply 79
Could you not just say "Plasmid"? Did you have to say Ti?

Original post by Freya_Bea
For the genetic engineering of soya was the vector the ti plasmid? I put that but thought it could be the bacteria

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending