The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Biology B Paper 3 (9BI0 03) - 21st June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Freya_Bea
For the genetic engineering of soya was the vector the ti plasmid? I put that but thought it could be the bacteria

I put bacteria / plasmid and I was meant to go back and cross one out I just remembered 😭
Reply 81
Why did I think 300 micrograms is the same as 0.3 grams😭
Reply 82
Original post by Alaalazizi
Why did I think 300 micrograms is the same as 0.3 grams😭

i think i did the same
Reply 83
Original post by fegbird
can never tell with this subject and exam board, ive had mocks and tests before where ive answered almost every question confidently and not even gotten half marks. these exams are such a bad way of measuring a students intelligence imo

That is not reassuring at all. I hope I did well enough for Paper 1 and 2 I just can't afford to get a D.
Reply 84
Original post by sylkiebot
That is not reassuring at all. I hope I did well enough for Paper 1 and 2 I just can't afford to get a D.

im only talking about a minority of the papers ive done, ive been pretty consistent with As and A*s but sometimes ive been unlucky with harsh mark schemes, plus we dont know the grade boundaries yet, but i think its better to be realistic than hopeful and then be disappointed on results day
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 85
Original post by 67824930
Omg what graph area

They gave us a tiny graph space to plot the concentration and percentage on. It was a 3 mark plot the graph question.
Reply 86
Original post by basicacid
They gave us a tiny graph space to plot the concentration and percentage on. It was a 3 mark plot the graph question.

I think I got 0.12 if thats what you’re referring to?
Reply 87
I think for this, you’re answer can be either positive or negative but the critical region when it says 2.02 or whatever is actual + or - 2.02 so it would be in the critical region at -7.64 but because it’s not really normal to get a negative they don’t mention that. I think people who have a negative answer will get full marks on the maths side but struggle to get full marks on the explanation someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Original post by soochiii
I got -7.6 too but then it depends on how you answer the next question? like if you have a minus value its lower than the critical value and if it's positive then you've got a value greater than the critical
Reply 88
Original post by fegbird
im only talking about a minority of the papers ive done, ive been pretty consistent with As and A*s but sometimes ive been unlucky with harsh mark schemes, plus we dont know the grade boundaries yet, but i think its better to be realistic than hopeful and then be disappointed on results day

I mean even getting a C is bad for me anyways lol. I got predicted an A, and I got an A in my mock as well so this is just kind of disappointing really. I wish I had paid more attention to Paper 3.
Reply 89
Original post by medium23
I think I got 0.12 if thats what you’re referring to?

Yes, same I think
Reply 90
Original post by Alaalazizi
Could you not just say "Plasmid"? Did you have to say Ti?

I said plasmid too omfg
Reply 91
I basically was so silly and with the student t test used 19 as my n. I did this because in the previous question it talked about how the standard deviation only accounted for 95% so I thought that meant that to use the standard deviation they gave us in the question I had to use 95% of the sample (19) as n. so there goes 3 marks. but then not only that I didn't think that the negative sign could be removed so I said we accept the null hypothesis. Just kill me now
Reply 92
Giyd who cares its over now!!! Enjoy life and congratulations for being freed from the shackles of alevel biology
Reply 93
Original post by medium23
I think for this, you’re answer can be either positive or negative but the critical region when it says 2.02 or whatever is actual + or - 2.02 so it would be in the critical region at -7.64 but because it’s not really normal to get a negative they don’t mention that. I think people who have a negative answer will get full marks on the maths side but struggle to get full marks on the explanation someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Kind of, It was because the relationship was negative so the t-test value would become negative. For the critical region it is +_ the value. So the relationship is negative.
Reply 94
(Original post by fegbird)got the same t value and bees, forgot how to do degrees of freedom so i just said 40, rejected alternate hypothesis. think i got 0.18mm for the vessel

I got that too
Reply 95
I wrote for the ratio of stock solution 3:1*10^4
Which is the same as 0.3:999.7 do you reckon I get the marks or it has to be specifically like that ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending