The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Politics Paper 3B (9PL0 3B) -16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Normally I would structure it as a debate in each paragraph to ensure that you cover both equally.

So P1 R vs L
P2 R vs L
P3 R vs L

And then for AO2 use examples where the ideology has been put in practice

But this is just my way of doing it so do it as you please
Original post by s7hil
On the second question (12 marker on realists V liberals) how is the structure ie a question on their view of the state, its one paragraph of the realists view and one on liberals, what would the third paragraph be, similarities?

Or just how do u structure them
Reply 21
Original post by els2325
Normally I would structure it as a debate in each paragraph to ensure that you cover both equally.

So P1 R vs L
P2 R vs L
P3 R vs L

And then for AO2 use examples where the ideology has been put in practice

But this is just my way of doing it so do it as you please

If the question was on significance of states how would u plan it so what would your 3 points be
Reply 22
FE2C3072-A408-402E-9C9A-E2437AF802DA.jpeg
Original post by s7hil
If the question was on significance of states how would u plan it so what would your 3 points be
Reply 23
Does anyone know if "global order" (particularly referenced in the divisions between liberalism and realism area of the spec) is in reference to order as in terms of authority and the obeying of international laws and norms or order as in the ranked hierarchy of states?
Reply 24
Original post by Ponnken
Does anyone know if "global order" (particularly referenced in the divisions between liberalism and realism area of the spec) is in reference to order as in terms of authority and the obeying of international laws and norms or order as in the ranked hierarchy of states?

Yh, global order is the hierarchy of states e.g. Unipolar, Bipolar or Multipolar and to what degree who libs/realists view each one to be the safest/unsafest. For example defensive realists such as Bull would argue that Bi-polar is the safest, but libs think multi as it is better for complex interdependance.

Also does anyone feel WAY less prepared for global than paper 1 and 2?
Reply 25
comp theories predictions?? i just hope its not anarchical society
Reply 26
Original post by BenW2005
Yh, global order is the hierarchy of states e.g. Unipolar, Bipolar or Multipolar and to what degree who libs/realists view each one to be the safest/unsafest. For example defensive realists such as Bull would argue that Bi-polar is the safest, but libs think multi as it is better for complex interdependance.

how do you recommend analysing the significance of multipolarity for global stability?

Do I take the realist perspective of multipolarity = anarchy or the liberal perspective for order due to corporation?
Reply 27
You could argue both sides really. I think it is easier to argue to realist point, but don't forget you have to provide balance between the two comparative theories.
Original post by meli77
how do you recommend analysing the significance of multipolarity for global stability?

Do I take the realist perspective of multipolarity = anarchy or the liberal perspective for order due to corporation?

yes i’m failing SO underprepared. i’ve been taking each exam as it comes so have barely had any time to revise for global considering i had an exam yesterday
Anyone else feeling like this paper is an absolute roll of the dice? Absolutely dreading having to do this paper with biology paper 2 (they clash so thanks edexcel and AQA). The predictions on here have been helpful, but it feels like anything could come up.

If anyone has any more predictions or tips for this paper then thats highly appreciated.
Reply 30
Original post by lailam123
comp theories predictions?? i just hope its not anarchical society

I think it will be something about state significance but I could be wrong
Reply 31
Original post by meli77

If 12 marker - compare them, so talk about both.
If 30 marker - talk about one for the point for then in evaluation say the other thinks differently.
Reply 32
Hey does anyone know what came up last year or have any predictions?
Reply 33
Anyone got paper 3 leaks?
Reply 34

Excellent, thank you.

I also feel much less prepared for global lol. I think its because there is slightly more content to cover and it is more difficult to know the sort of questions that might be asked.
Reply 35
I feel less prepared as well. I also feel like there’s less resources and videos for global politics which makes it harder. Apparently last years questions weren’t that great but I’m not sure what came up and the paper in general is harder to predict.
Reply 36
Original post by Acetylcholinefan
Anyone else feeling like this paper is an absolute roll of the dice? Absolutely dreading having to do this paper with biology paper 2 (they clash so thanks edexcel and AQA). The predictions on here have been helpful, but it feels like anything could come up.

If anyone has any more predictions or tips for this paper then thats highly appreciated.

haha i do bio paper 2 as well and i am in the same situation. isolating with a teacher on my own for an hour and a bit. really hoping i can sneak my phone somehow and message a friend for the essay questions lmao
Reply 37
can someone please tell me all the thinkers for Liberals and Realists?
Reply 38
Original post by judebaxter
can someone please tell me all the thinkers for Liberals and Realists?

Idk if it’s all of them but for realists I was taught about - Aristotle, Machiavelli, Hobbes, Morganthau and Waltz. For liberals - Kant, Nye, Keohane,
Reply 39
Does anyone know what came up for the 30 markers last year? Or the paper in general.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending