Edexcel A Level Politics Paper 3B (9PL0 3B) -16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lailam123
comp theories predictions?? i just hope its not anarchical society

I have a feeling it might be. Don’t think they’ve asked it before
Reply 41
Original post by Kyrahh
Idk if it’s all of them but for realists I was taught about - Aristotle, Machiavelli, Hobbes, Morganthau and Waltz. For liberals - Kant, Nye, Keohane,

i just remembered mearsheimer and his security dilemma stuff as well
Original post by Kyrahh
Does anyone know what came up for the 30 markers last year? Or the paper in general.

2022 30 markers

Evaluate the view that a trend away from globalisation and regionalism would place greater emphasis on state sovereignty and thus hinder the promotion of human rights.

Evaluate the view that the slow rate of progress over climate change results primarily from economic inequalities within and between countries rather than from the actions of particular countries and political institutions.

Evaluate the view that regional bodies have had more impact on contemporary global issues than the IMF, World Bank and WTO.
Reply 43
Original post by Rebeccamaurier
2022 30 markers

Evaluate the view that a trend away from globalisation and regionalism would place greater emphasis on state sovereignty and thus hinder the promotion of human rights.

Evaluate the view that the slow rate of progress over climate change results primarily from economic inequalities within and between countries rather than from the actions of particular countries and political institutions.

Evaluate the view that regional bodies have had more impact on contemporary global issues than the IMF, World Bank and WTO.

Thank you so much!
Reply 44
Does anyone know how a 12 marker on anarchical society would structured?
Reply 45
Original post by Rebeccamaurier
2022 30 markers

Any predictions for the 12marker
Reply 46
Original post by tosin4774
Any predictions for the 12marker

- Anarchical society and sates

- How liberals and realists explain order and security

- Realist concept of anarchy and liberal concept of global governance

- Realist and liberal perspective on human rights, environmental issues or regionalism.

There’s honestly a lot of possibilities for what could come up.
Reply 47
Original post by BenW2005
Yh, global order is the hierarchy of states e.g. Unipolar, Bipolar or Multipolar and to what degree who libs/realists view each one to be the safest/unsafest. For example defensive realists such as Bull would argue that Bi-polar is the safest, but libs think multi as it is better for complex interdependance.

Also does anyone feel WAY less prepared for global than paper 1 and 2?

definitely... there's a lot more content and the qs are much harder and less predictable... im terrified
Reply 48
im also a bio clash im genuinely failing both app I haven't even looked at bio since the last paper
Original post by Acetylcholinefan
Anyone else feeling like this paper is an absolute roll of the dice? Absolutely dreading having to do this paper with biology paper 2 (they clash so thanks edexcel and AQA). The predictions on here have been helpful, but it feels like anything could come up.

If anyone has any more predictions or tips for this paper then thats highly appreciated.
Does anyone have any predictions for the 12/30 markers?
Reply 50
Original post by Acetylcholinefan
Anyone else feeling like this paper is an absolute roll of the dice? Absolutely dreading having to do this paper with biology paper 2 (they clash so thanks edexcel and AQA). The predictions on here have been helpful, but it feels like anything could come up.

If anyone has any more predictions or tips for this paper then thats highly appreciated.

YUP SAME i have a clash aswell so i only get 20 mins break to do my DT exams after this politics one :frown:
Reply 51
Original post by ToniChilds000
hi does any one have a realist and liberal essay plan on the differences between the an archical society and society of States

do you still need one because I have one??
Original post by hopecc

yess pls
Reply 53
Original post by Kyrahh
I have a feeling it might be. Don’t think they’ve asked it before

it was in the sample paper, but not in any real paper so far
Reply 54
Original post by hopecc

Could you also send it to me please
Reply 55
Original post by Ponnken
Does anyone think a 30-mark question as simple as "Evaluate the view that the UN has been successful in achieving its founding objectives." is likely to come up? Looking at past papers, the questions on paper 3 appear to be far more complex than the more "simple" debates that appear on papers 1 and 2. I believe this is mainly due to the fact that the questions often incorporate various chapters of the specification, unlike papers 1 and 2 which, for the most part, have questions that exclusively look at one chapter.

I’m pretty sure they will be much more direct with there 30 markers as teachers were outraged but the ridiculous wording of questions they done last year
Reply 57
Original post by hopecc
its attached x

Thank youu!
Reply 58
What are the most important things to revise and remember, what information do we need to know really well because I only have today to revise :smile:
Hi all! Does anyone have any last minute predictions?

I've been basing my revision of what did not come up in last years advanced information as that has been the trend for paper 1 and paper 2, so I'm hoping the same for this paper.

Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending