The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Politics Paper 3B (9PL0 3B) -16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Kyrahh
- Anarchical society and sates

- How liberals and realists explain order and security

- Realist concept of anarchy and liberal concept of global governance

- Realist and liberal perspective on human rights, environmental issues or regionalism.

There’s honestly a lot of possibilities for what could come up.

Any Predictions for 30 markers
Reply 61
Original post by will ralph
What are the most important things to revise and remember, what information do we need to know really well because I only have today to revise :smile:

I think that's smart. But would that work
Reply 62
Original post by tosin4774
Any Predictions for 30 markers

Having looked at last years advanced spec I am willing to bet money there will be 30 markers on political global gov and power and development this year:

So revise NATO, UNSC, UNGA, ECOSOC and then democratic, autocratic states etc... and also look at polarities such as hegemony and unipolar worlds and how the world maybe bipolar or multipolar.
Reply 63
How about human rights
Reply 64
Original post by BenW2005
Having looked at last years advanced spec I am willing to bet money there will be 30 markers on political global gov and power and development this year:

So revise NATO, UNSC, UNGA, ECOSOC and then democratic, autocratic states etc... and also look at polarities such as hegemony and unipolar worlds and how the world maybe bipolar or multipolar.

regime type came up as a 12 mark last year so i wouldnt focus too much on that- or focus instead on the differing views over whether regime type affects world order
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 65

How effective is the UN
Reply 66
How effective is the UN

Is this a possible question if so that would be a fantastic question to get
Reply 67
Original post by Anxre17
Is this a possible question if so that would be a fantastic question to get

How would one answer it
How would one answer it

I would personally go through it in order, and by that I mean each UN body individually and then think of strengths and weaknesses for them. So straight away there's the UNSC with the power of veto, etc. Another good example I'm planning on using is the ICJ failing to force Russia to withdraw from Ukraine despite ruling in Ukraine's favour (in a contentious case!)
Reply 69
Do you think the likelihood of them asking anarchail society is a real possibility
Reply 70

should i only revise them?
Reply 71
That and the environment and you should be ok for the 30 markers tbh

should i only revise them?
Reply 72
Has anyone got any points for and against the view that multipolarity encourages peace and stability? I am struggling to get more than a couple.
Reply 73
Original post by Anxre17

Yh, im fine for everything bar HI's, there kinda bad.

Imagine a question on if the US is hegemonic, I think I would cry of joy, I also think it possible as that is part of power and development and loads of teachers complained last year that the global questions were too hard, so they will be easier this year.
How would you answer a q on if the US is hegemonic?
Yh, im fine for everything bar HI's, there kinda bad.

Imagine a question on if the US is hegemonic, I think I would cry of joy, I also think it possible as that is part of power and development and loads of teachers complained last year that the global questions were too hard, so they will be easier this year.
Reply 75
Original post by Ponnken
Has anyone got any points for and against the view that multipolarity encourages peace and stability? I am struggling to get more than a couple.

Mainly liberal complex interdependence and to a degree democratic peace thesis.
Reply 76
Original post by anonymous2657
How would you answer a q on if the US is hegemonic?

Para 1: Military - US military v others (pretty easy if you know anything about the military, if not research it).
Para 2: Economy - Largest economy, largest firms, investment etc... but China and India are growing faster
Para 3: Structural - US main contributor in IMF, World Bank and NATO but China have AIIB.
Reply 77
Original post by Anxre17

I don't really understand environment
Reply 78
do you guys think regionalism is going to come up again after last year bc i am running out of time lmao so i have to cut things out..
Reply 79
also i predict for the 12m that it will be about shallow and deep green ecology since it's never been asked!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending