The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Politics Paper 3B (9PL0 3B) -16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by tosin4774
I don't really understand environment

Just learn the pros and cons of each COP and the UNFCCC and IPCC and maybe the debate between developing and developed countries and you will be fine.
Or just don't, the chance of more than one env q is very very slim, there may not even be one.

But do learn deep v shallow.
Reply 81
Original post by BenW2005
Mainly liberal complex interdependence and to a degree democratic peace thesis.

Thanks
Reply 82
Original post by samraa80
also i predict for the 12m that it will be about shallow and deep green ecology since it's never been asked!

What other 12 markers predictions
Reply 83
Original post by Anxre17
That and the environment and you should be ok for the 30 markers tbh

So no human rights
Reply 84
Para 1: Military - US military v others (pretty easy if you know anything about the military, if not research it).
Para 2: Economy - Largest economy, largest firms, investment etc... but China and India are growing faster
Para 3: Structural - US main contributor in IMF, World Bank and NATO but China have AIIB.

I doubt this would be a question tho cos they have already asked. Evaluate the view that the rise of other states has diminished the US as the global hegemonic power. You must consider this view and the alternative to this view in a balanced way. (30)
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 85
Anyone got any exemplar essays for 30 markers they would be willing to send? I need more examples. I have a 27/30 answer for one of last years questions that I'm willing to send in return!
Reply 86
Just learn the pros and cons of each COP and the UNFCCC and IPCC and maybe the debate between developing and developed countries and you will be fine.
Or just don't, the chance of more than one env q is very very slim, there may not even be one.

But do learn deep v shallow.

For the COP do you mean the rio, Paris 2015
Reply 87
Original post by tosin4774
For the COP do you mean the rio, Paris 2015

Ideally Rio, Kyoto, Copenhagen, and Paris, but just a few will do.

Plus most of them have similar pros and cons, just different stats.
Reply 88
anyone got a good essay answer for shallow vs deep ecology?
Reply 89
How would you answer "To what extent has the EU been a model for regionalism"?
Reply 90
How would you answer "To what extent has the EU been a model for regionalism"?

define regionalism

give one example and counter. Peace and Stability: no war in western Europe for 70 years. counter: not getting involved in the Yugoslav wars and the Kosovo war

repeat with another point example, counter and you will be good.
Reply 91
Screenshot_20230615-200605_OneDrive.jpg
Original post by lailam123
regime type came up as a 12 mark last year so i wouldnt focus too much on that- or focus instead on the differing views over whether regime type affects world order

So I should only do 4.1 4.3 4.4
Reply 92
Original post by judebaxter
i just remembered mearsheimer and his security dilemma stuff as well

Big Mearsheimer fan, my politics teacher got him to sponsor a prize at our school (no idea how) but he's literally the only realist thinker I know.
Reply 93
hi guys, can someone please post the questions on here once you've finished the exam tomorrow. I have the exam in the afternoon (because of an overlap) and I might be able to sneak my phone and look and would be super helpful for me since I messed up badly with the ideology qs on paper 1 and 2!

if someone does this for you they could be disqualified from their a level. just try and squeeze some revision in instead. examiners are known to look at these tsr exam threads to see how students found it etc. silly idea tbh but still, best of luck you probably did better than you thought
anyone got a good essay answer for shallow vs deep ecology?

ok so say the question was on examining the criticisms;
1) radical ecologists reject the idea of green capitalism that shallow greens endorse, as deep greens believe it is part of the problem of climate change
because according to deep greens market ecologism and sustainable development is contradictory
2) deep greens criticised for believing in a stronger form of sustainability which triggers a cultural reset to endure bio equality that doesn’t put human interest before the needs of other animals- criticised by moderate ecologists for being far too radical and extremist, it is not feasible given the amounts of poverty in the global south
they argue growth at a slower rate instead of the deep green revolution
3) both are criticised by climate change sceptics for driving up energy prices and creating poverty, as they both advocate for renewable energy
Hey everyone :smile: How did you find the exam?

A-level Politics

Original post by Pwca

A-level Politics
That paper was a dream- I’ll be shocked if I don’t get an A/A* everything I did in-depth revision on especially the realism liberal question, the question on economic globalisation and poverty and the ICJ ICC comparison question I all planned beforehand and had really good examples and case studies for defiantly one of my favourite papers and it was sososososoos good 10/10

(Original post by Pwca)

A-level Politics
That paper was a dream- I’ll be shocked if I don’t get an A/A* everything I did in-depth revision on especially the realism liberal question, the question on economic globalisation and poverty and the ICJ ICC comparison question I all planned beforehand and had really good examples and case studies for defiantly one of my favourite papers and it was sososososoos good 10/10
Reply 97
Yh I did the 3 IFI's for the first 30 marker, really in depth, it was fine.

Whole paper was good, not as good as paper 1 and 2 but still very descent.
Reply 98
Original post by Shadowalice
(Original post by Pwca)

A-level Politics

Why would you jinx yourself like that
Reply 99
Original post by geraldkl1
Why would you jinx yourself like that

Fr lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending