The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Chemistry Paper 3 2023

Paper 3 is in 2 weeks... does anyone have any advice (apart from brushing up on the practicals & doing past paper questions) on how best to revise/what things specifically I should cover??
Original post by zws
Paper 3 is in 2 weeks... does anyone have any advice (apart from brushing up on the practicals & doing past paper questions) on how best to revise/what things specifically I should cover??

Focus on papers 1 and 2 first.

Anything that doesn’t show up on either is likely to be dumped onto paper 3.

Also, see this: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTMMuJwv83FqfdQxGnqowDQIJThwcoNF7
(edited 10 months ago)
Icl i cant remember which topics were on paper 1 and 2, does anyone have a list of the topics already assessed and maybe a list of of topics likely to be assessed on Friday? xx
Reply 3
Original post by TweetyBird775
Icl i cant remember which topics were on paper 1 and 2, does anyone have a list of the topics already assessed and maybe a list of of topics likely to be assessed on Friday? xx

Topics that haven't been assessed alot: Arrhenius, big buffer questions, big carbon/proton NMR, transition metals, big organic synthesis equation.
Not much on sn1 or sn2 from what I can remember
Reply 6
Reply 7
how did everyone find it?? i found it okay
Original post by rayamer

Horrific
Reply 9
Original post by rayamer

Awful, absolutely shocking behavior from edexcel
Original post by seb.pine03
Awful, absolutely shocking behavior from edexcel

Right!!! It was also so weird. Where was the nmr or anything about practicals
Reply 11
pls what did u guys write for the 6mk enthalpy of solution question?? i wrote the standard measure temp at regular intervals, polystyrene cup, etc and finding max temp increase by extrapolation but it was an endothermic reaction so i wasnt sure
Reply 12
Original post by rayamer
pls what did u guys write for the 6mk enthalpy of solution question?? i wrote the standard measure temp at regular intervals, polystyrene cup, etc and finding max temp increase by extrapolation but it was an endothermic reaction so i wasnt sure

I don't think it should matter whether it was endothermic, the extrapolation principle should remain the same (except that the curve is falling instead of rising).
Reply 13
what do u guys think the grade boundaries will be like this year? it cant be higher than 2019 surely?
Original post by rayamer
what do u guys think the grade boundaries will be like this year? it cant be higher than 2019 surely?

Higher than 2019 would be harsh considering 67% for an A in 2019 is relatively high as it is, i’m thinking a midpoint between 2019 and 2022 so maybe like 198/300 for an A.

Quick Reply

Latest