The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level Chem Paper 3 General + Practical Principles in Chemistry [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did that exam go?

Edexcel A-Level Chemistry Paper 3 General and Practical Principles in Chemistry (9CHO/02) - Friday 23rd June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Friday 23rd June / AM
Length: 2h 30m

Resources
Edexcel (Chemistry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi can we start a predicted paper/revision resource thread here!
Reply 2
Any predictions as to what can come up?
Reply 3
am i the only one whos never even done a past paper for paper 3
Reply 4
Original post by charminggem
am i the only one whos never even done a past paper for paper 3

nope aside from my mocks i don't think i've done one either. i have no clue what to expect lmao (i'll try and familiarise myself with the question types in the days between p2 and p3)
Reply 5
Original post by arls99
nope aside from my mocks i don't think i've done one either. i have no clue what to expect lmao (i'll try and familiarise myself with the question types in the days between p2 and p3)

ive never even done one in mocks...
Reply 6
Original post by melmel2345
Any predictions as to what can come up?

lower grade boundary for us
Reply 7
can someone make a list of what’s come up in p1&2 please?
Reply 8
How well do we need to know the core practicals and their specific detail for this? Chemrevise's practical guide has 43 pages lmao
Reply 9
Original post by arls99
How well do we need to know the core practicals and their specific detail for this? Chemrevise's practical guide has 43 pages lmao

yeah and is it true that paper 3 is majority practicals?
Reply 10
which big topics are likely to come up in p3?
Reply 11
guys can u please drop ur best paper 3 revision tips im so nervous for it
Original post by zws
guys can u please drop ur best paper 3 revision tips im so nervous for it

same i really dont know how to revise it
Reply 13
I think I'm just gonna go over any topics I know I'm not confident in and then look over the practicals in detail (maybe watch some videos and have a go at questions). I don't really know any other way to revise for paper 3 if im being honest but if anyone has other suggestions do let me know. I'm ******** myself for this exam though ommddssss
Original post by Pxnyl_
I think I'm just gonna go over any topics I know I'm not confident in and then look over the practicals in detail (maybe watch some videos and have a go at questions). I don't really know any other way to revise for paper 3 if im being honest but if anyone has other suggestions do let me know. I'm ******** myself for this exam though ommddssss

same same; do you know if practicals are a big part of paper 3
Reply 15
Original post by charminggem
same same; do you know if practicals are a big part of paper 3

From the papers I've done in the past the practicals do tend to come up a fair bit in paper 3, more so why certain methods are used or why certain compounds are used. However I'm predicting that a big arrhenius question will come up and maybe some more questions on nmr, topic 12 calculations and definitely a lot of organic questions. This is just what I'm guessing as these big topics weren't really assessed as much in paper 1 or 2.
Reply 16
anyone else got predictions?
Original post by Pxnyl_
From the papers I've done in the past the practicals do tend to come up a fair bit in paper 3, more so why certain methods are used or why certain compounds are used. However I'm predicting that a big arrhenius question will come up and maybe some more questions on nmr, topic 12 calculations and definitely a lot of organic questions. This is just what I'm guessing as these big topics weren't really assessed as much in paper 1 or 2.
Reply 17
what type of Arrhenius q can come up? like drawing a graph 7 marks or something diff
Reply 18
Original post by user927401
what type of Arrhenius q can come up? like drawing a graph 7 marks or something diff

Hopefully drawing a graph 7 marks but who knows what edexcel could throw in to mix it up :c
Reply 19
Original post by Pxnyl_
Hopefully drawing a graph 7 marks but who knows what edexcel could throw in to mix it up :c

okay thanks! what topics are you mainly revising?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending