The Student Room Group

Electrode potentials and equilibria?

I'm revising for my A-level chemistry paper tomorrow and the past papers keep having questions where you get a range of half cells and have to describe two reactions that happen (so say VO2+ becomes V3+ and then it becomes V2+) in terms of equilibrium position. I didn't get taught this and don't really understand how to do it, does anyone have any resources on this/could you explain it?
Reply 1
Original post by apolaroidofus
I'm revising for my A-level chemistry paper tomorrow and the past papers keep having questions where you get a range of half cells and have to describe two reactions that happen (so say VO2+ becomes V3+ and then it becomes V2+) in terms of equilibrium position. I didn't get taught this and don't really understand how to do it, does anyone have any resources on this/could you explain it?

It's the 2021 paper right? Go on YouTube and search for the paper, there's a guy called Davies chemistry, he goes through the whole paper including that q.
Reply 2
Original post by Llawyer123
It's the 2021 paper right? Go on YouTube and search for the paper, there's a guy called Davies chemistry, he goes through the whole paper including that q.

just wandering what exam board this is, I struggle with electrode potentials and would love too find the paper to have a go at the question
Reply 3
Original post by um...
just wandering what exam board this is, I struggle with electrode potentials and would love too find the paper to have a go at the question

Aqa
Reply 4
Original post by Llawyer123
Aqa

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest