The Student Room Group

Integration question

Hi, same question different part 😅 I’ve attached my working this time
Can someone help with how I’m meant to do part b? I’ve gotten as far as I can but I don’t know how to get the expression from part a into my integral (in terms of t)?
Reply 1
half the question is cut off the side so i can’t really see it lol. try posting a screenshot?
Reply 2
Original post by blizzardliz
Can someone help with how I’m meant to do part b? I’ve gotten as far as I can but I don’t know how to get the expression from part a into my integral (in terms of t)?

Think youre along the right lines. Just cancel t terms and take whats left inside the root and you should get something like
t^2 + 2t
inside the root. Think about completing the square and then a simple transformation/substitution between t and u.

Edit - its probably worth noting that a sub u^2 = 2x+7 would be arguably simpler.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by mqb2766
Think youre along the right lines. Just cancel t terms and take whats left inside the root and you should get something like
t^2 + 2t
inside the root. Think about completing the square and then a simple transformation/substitution between t and u.

Edit - its probably worth noting that a sub u^2 = 2x+7 would be arguably simpler.

Okay I'll try that, thanks for the help :yy:
what paper this is?

Original post by blizzardliz
Original post by moonlight2460
what paper this is?

Edexcel Advanced Extension Award 2017, here
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by ghostwalker
Edexcel Advanced Extension Award 2017, here

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest