The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Further Mathematics Paper 3 Statistics (7367/3S) - 14 June 2023

How did the exam go?
Reply 1
really good, but i completely rushed through it because i knew i’d need more time on mechanics so i’ve probs made a few dumb errors
Reply 2
I think it went alright but I forgot the constant of integration in the CDF part and that probably lost me 3 matks because I had no working, just everything else with the limits apart from the 2, I’m also worried about the 7 marker hypothesis test with Poisson and I got X~Po(43) for one of the question
Reply 3
Original post by Duckfaces
I think it went alright but I forgot the constant of integration in the CDF part and that probably lost me 3 matks because I had no working, just everything else with the limits apart from the 2, I’m also worried about the 7 marker hypothesis test with Poisson and I got X~Po(43) for one of the question

i got X~Po(43) (wrote it as X+Y~Po(43))
Reply 4

i also missed the +c!
Reply 5
Original post by ed729781
i got X~Po(43) (wrote it as X+Y~Po(43))

Yeah, I probably should’ve changed the Variable, I put Var(X + Y) for the other question idk why I didn’t do it hete
Reply 6

am I being dumb or do you not need +c?

Because you use integration limits of the lowest value in the domain (I can't remember what it was) and then an upper integration limit of x, and you integrate f(t). Hence no constant of integration is required because if you have a non-zero lower value you find the constant, if it's zero then there isn't a constant.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by entitree
am I being dumb or do you not need +c?

Because you use integration limits of the lowest value in the domain (I can't remember what it was) and then an upper integration limit of x, and you integrate f(t). Hence no constant of integration is required because if you have a non-zero lower value you find the constant, if it's zero then there isn't a constant.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though :smile:

Yup that’s how I did it but I think some people just integrate indefinitely and use the fact that F(x)=0 at the lower value of the domain, and F(x)=1 at the upper limit to calculate a value of c.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending