The Student Room Group

(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by swind05
I’m starting uni in September at Salford university, and just wanted to know if there are any rules or policies regarding makeup, eyelash extensions/ individuals etc.

i’m really insecure about my appearance especially when i’m not wearing lashes as dumb as it sounds. Anyone who goes to Salford or any university studying nursing, what are the policies for wearing eyelashes on placements? would i be allowed to wear natural eyelash individuals/extensions for placements or would this not be allowed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

You'll be provided hopefully with Salford university or the local hospital trusts uniform policy about what you can wear and not wear on placements.

Make-up kept to a minimum as otherwise you may have to remove it all. Be smart with neat short nails.
Hail tired up to back if long.

Not done nursing at Salford university but guidelines are set by individual hospital trusts throughout the UK.
Original post by swind05
I’m starting uni in September at Salford university, and just wanted to know if there are any rules or policies regarding makeup, eyelash extensions/ individuals etc.

i’m really insecure about my appearance especially when i’m not wearing lashes as dumb as it sounds. Anyone who goes to Salford or any university studying nursing, what are the policies for wearing eyelashes on placements? would i be allowed to wear natural eyelash individuals/extensions for placements or would this not be allowed?

Hello @swind05

I hope you're well. Tbh, it all depends on the Trust policy, some hospitals allow staff members to wear natural lashes however, others don't! It is best to wait until you enrol in Salford and start your lectures, to ask the academic team as they will most likely give you an answer. If you would be allowed, it would most definitely be extremely natural or minimal for clinical safety & hygiene reasons. From what I know you are allowed to wear makeup at hospital Trusts, however this must also be minimal. Best of luck!

Kind regards,
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Original post by swind05

Hey @swind05,

Ah thats a really good question! I can fully appreciate the nerves on not wearing make up or extensions - its definitely not dumb at all, so please don't feel worried about feeling self-conscious about it. I've had a chat with one of our current Midwifery students who is finishing her first year, and she's said the main thing students definitely can't have is false nails due to hygiene, and that lash extensions (just not massive ones) may be possible but that she's just not personally sure as she doesn't wear them! If you can drop us a DM I can find you an email address to speak to our Nursing team who support students whilst out on placement, and they'll be more than happy to have a chat with you :biggrin:

We do also have one of our Nursing students on Unibuddy who would be more than happy to have a chat with you - you can see her profile here! She may be able to advise what the more detailed rules and regs are.

All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending