The Student Room Group

Birmingham or coventry uni for midwifey

Hi guys, hoping you can help, have been offered a place at both BCU and Cov for midwifery, how do I decide? And guidance or personal experience, living at home so not worried about accommodation or student life, just which uni is best equipped to teach xxxx
Original post by Rll11
Hi guys, hoping you can help, have been offered a place at both BCU and Cov for midwifery, how do I decide? And guidance or personal experience, living at home so not worried about accommodation or student life, just which uni is best equipped to teach xxxx

Go to the offer-holder days, take another look around the department and talk to staff and students. It is the best way to make a decision. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Rll11
At the end of the day it's your decision where you want to study midwifery at , if you are staying at home then perhaps take the closest university to your house.

It doesn't matter which university you actually go to as long as you qualify as a midwife at the end of the degree course. Each university teaches you the same coursework as laid down by the NMC guildlines, the only difference between each university in the UK is how you are taught what to do and how much you are taught on placements.

A NHS registered midwife
Reply 3
Hi,
Congrats on your offers. Sorry, I have no advice on how to make your decision but could I please ask how long you waited to receive the outcome of your interview for BCU? Thanks xx
Original post by Nikkie7
Hi,
Congrats on your offers. Sorry, I have no advice on how to make your decision but could I please ask how long you waited to receive the outcome of your interview for BCU? Thanks xx

Hi huni,
I had my interview on the 21st March, I'm so nervous, I felt it went super quick and there where things I forgot to mention but I'm praying for a somewhat miracle lol, how did you get on and when was your interview?? X x
All Midwifery degrees teach you the same stuff, and your patients are never going to ask you 'which Uni'.

And btw, with any Midwifery degree you spend so much of your time on placements, it isnt like a normal degree course and therefore the Uni campus and that 'stuff' isnt actually going to matter much in the next few years.
Reply 6
Original post by CHANTELLE13XXX
Hi huni,
I had my interview on the 21st March, I'm so nervous, I felt it went super quick and there where things I forgot to mention but I'm praying for a somewhat miracle lol, how did you get on and when was your interview?? X x

Hey Lovely,

My interview was also on the 21st March and I feel exactly the same as you lol. I am just hoping that they come back quickly with a decision either way xx
Original post by Nikkie7
Hey Lovely,
My interview was also on the 21st March and I feel exactly the same as you lol. I am just hoping that they come back quickly with a decision either way xx

Me toooooo, so nice to talk to someone about it at last lol. So my interview wasn't awful but wasn't the best, before I knew it, it was over and was kicking myself but hey ho... I just want to know the outcome good or bad, I've checked my emails non stop lol, I'm an older student, the beautiful ripe age of 40, my mind stills tells me I'm 21, my bones tell me sit down and rest lol x x
Reply 8
Original post by CHANTELLE13XXX
Me toooooo, so nice to talk to someone about it at last lol. So my interview wasn't awful but wasn't the best, before I knew it, it was over and was kicking myself but hey ho... I just want to know the outcome good or bad, I've checked my emails non stop lol, I'm an older student, the beautiful ripe age of 40, my mind stills tells me I'm 21, my bones tell me sit down and rest lol x x

Exactly this. I am 44 this year and sometimes think, "omg am I too old". I think the not knowing is the worst part as you just don't know which way it will go. I will keep everything crossed for you that you receive an offer xx
Original post by Nikkie7
Exactly this. I am 44 this year and sometimes think, "omg am I too old". I think the not knowing is the worst part as you just don't know which way it will go. I will keep everything crossed for you that you receive an offer xx

That's what I thought but it's something I've always wanted to do and at least I can say I tried instead of what if?? Fingers and toes crossed for us both lovely and hopefully we hear something this week 🙏🏾😊 x x x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending