The Student Room Group

chese

chese
(edited 9 months ago)
Hello!

Feeling overwhelmed during sixth form due to academic and social pressures is completely understandable. Transitioning to university brings a different experience, with increased freedom and self-study. Depending on your university, exams are likely to be conducted online. I found the system of university to be a lot less stressful than sixth form and prefer it so much.

When it comes to choosing a career, it's important to consider your interests, strengths, and long-term goals. While wanting a decent wage is a valid aspiration, it's also beneficial to explore careers that align with your passions and provide job satisfaction. There is no shame in taking a gap year to figure things out or switching courses once you arrive at university too.

It might be helpful to reach out to a careers advisor or your personal tutor/teachers at sixth form for guidance. They can offer valuable insights and support.

If you would any tips or advice, let me know :smile:

Best of luck!

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology
Oh well that's nice if uni is less stressful, just gotta get sixth form out the way :colonhash::biggrin:
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hello!

Feeling overwhelmed during sixth form due to academic and social pressures is completely understandable. Transitioning to university brings a different experience, with increased freedom and self-study. Depending on your university, exams are likely to be conducted online. I found the system of university to be a lot less stressful than sixth form and prefer it so much.

When it comes to choosing a career, it's important to consider your interests, strengths, and long-term goals. While wanting a decent wage is a valid aspiration, it's also beneficial to explore careers that align with your passions and provide job satisfaction. There is no shame in taking a gap year to figure things out or switching courses once you arrive at university too.

It might be helpful to reach out to a careers advisor or your personal tutor/teachers at sixth form for guidance. They can offer valuable insights and support.

If you would any tips or advice, let me know :smile:

Best of luck!

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology

Quick Reply

Latest