The Student Room Group

Chat GPT

I was given a sample answer in class and I copied the structure of it in my coursework, multiple AI checkers have flagged both my essay and the sample answer as potentially AI written. The window for coursework resubmissions has apparently closed. What will happen to me if Cambridge accuses me of using AI?
Original post by Nikolai_VO
I was given a sample answer in class and I copied the structure of it in my coursework, multiple AI checkers have flagged both my essay and the sample answer as potentially AI written. The window for coursework resubmissions has apparently closed. What will happen to me if Cambridge accuses me of using AI?

Hi there
At my university they take the use of copying very seriously and so will Cambridge I’m assuming. Our work is out through multiple checks for any use of AI. Maybe look at your universities policy for consequences of using AI, they should have one on their website, as it’s a rising issue in students work
Best wishes
Emily
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your advice.(Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep)Hi there
At my university they take the use of copying very seriously and so will Cambridge I’m assuming. Our work is out through multiple checks for any use of AI. Maybe look at your universities policy for consequences of using AI, they should have one on their website, as it’s a rising issue in students work
Best wishes
Emily
Hi,
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry University,
As stated above, each university has different processes and procedures when they suspect a student is using AI to generate answers, and therefore it may be worth doing your research either online or speaking to one of your success coaches (or similar) to see what your next steps are.
If you haven't used AI, there should be ways in which you could appeal this... Again each university is different and it's important to speak with them directly if you are unsure of what is to happen next.

I hope this gets resolved soon,
Kind regards,
Courtney H
Original post by Nikolai_VO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending