The Student Room Group

Is this considered plagiarism?

…. Pasting work into chat GPT and asking it for on what you’ve written based on the assignment instructions / tasks? This does not mean asking it to write content and then putting it in your assignment, which clearly would be plagiarism.

To me, the former isn’t plagiarism.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
…. Pasting work into chat GPT and asking it for on what you’ve written based on the assignment instructions / tasks? This does not mean asking it to write content and then putting it in your assignment, which clearly would be plagiarism.

Asking it for feedback *

ChatGPT has zero insight into quality, elegance, truth etc. It just builds text based on what other texts say is most likely to come next, and it is known to lie and just make stuff up.
Sounds similar to asking a lecturer for “feedback” don’t ask them to mark it. I do’t think the former would be an issue at all.
Reply 4
Original post by jonathanemptage
Sounds similar to asking a lecturer for “feedback” don’t ask them to mark it. I do’t think the former would be an issue at all.

Yeah I’d never get chat gpt to write my work for me, but I do use it occasionally to get feedback on what I have written myself, to ensure I am hitting the points I need to and I ask it to tell me which things to remove if I’ve talked about any unnecessary things
Reply 5

You disgust me
Reply 6
You disgust me

Oh, how so?
Reply 7
A student sent an essay draft to his brother for feedback. The brother made comments using the comment tool in Word. The student made use of the brother's comments. The student submitted the essay but forgot to delete the brother's comments. These were seen by the marker. The student was investigated and found guilty of academic misconduct.
moral of the story: Hide the evidence
Original post by Afrrcyn
moral of the story: Hide the evidence

ong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending