The Student Room Group

questions about physics degree

Hi, I am really interested in Physics and wish to study physics in the future. However, what jobs can I get with a physics degree, master or PHD?Also, is physics a famous course in the UK, Australia or Canada? Is it a required sector for immigrants?Thanks!
Original post by yik0138
Hi, I am really interested in Physics and wish to study physics in the future. However, what jobs can I get with a physics degree, master or PHD?Also, is physics a famous course in the UK, Australia or Canada? Is it a required sector for immigrants?Thanks!

You’ll be pleased to know that physics is a very respected degree with all sorts of job prospects.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/physics

As evidenced by the above link, in the UK, it is definitely a good degree option and presumably would be a good option in both Australia and Canada, too.

As for whether it’s a “required sector” for immigrants, I couldn’t possibly answer that definitively as I’m not entirely sure what you mean. If you mean something along the lines of “is it a sector where they want more immigrants to join”, then I’d presume the answer to that is a yes, though I haven’t actually looked into what criteria a range of employers in the physics sector have put out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending