The Student Room Group

Loan repayment

Good evening,

For 2020/2021/2022 I studied at the open university for a ba in childhood studies. I have now enrolled into scitt teacher training course for September and have applied though student finance for the course fees and maintenance loan.

I’m getting conflicting info on wether plan 5 is for new students or anyone starting a new course like me in September.

If someone could help I would be grateful, I also don’t know how it would be calculated if I am on two different plans.

Thanks
Original post by EmilySmith26.
Good evening,

For 2020/2021/2022 I studied at the open university for a ba in childhood studies. I have now enrolled into scitt teacher training course for September and have applied though student finance for the course fees and maintenance loan.

I’m getting conflicting info on wether plan 5 is for new students or anyone starting a new course like me in September.

If someone could help I would be grateful, I also don’t know how it would be calculated if I am on two different plans.

Thanks

Hi Emily, You will remain as Plan 2 for repayments as you started your undergraduate course prior to August 2023. The Plan 5 only applies to new students starting study after August 2023. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi Emily, You will remain as Plan 2 for repayments as you started your undergraduate course prior to August 2023. The Plan 5 only applies to new students starting study after August 2023. Thanks, Angela

Thank you Angela,

Is this correct even if the teacher training programme isn’t linked to my degree that I started in 2020? It’s a whole new undergraduate application.

many thanks,

Emily
Good evening,

Thanks

Hi Emily, I have replied to your other post. Thanks, Angela
Thank you Angela,

Is this correct even if the teacher training programme isn’t linked to my degree that I started in 2020? It’s a whole new undergraduate application.

many thanks,

Emily

Hi Emily, Yes, you would remain on Plan 2 as you are not classed as a new student applying for funding for the first time. Thanks Angela.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending