The Student Room Group

Kallisto's Monday Question: Great Personalities

This poll is closed

Which Personality do you appreciate the most?

Mahatma Ghandi 10%
Nelson Mandela 10%
Leonardo Da Vinchi 0%
Winston Churchill 0%
Abraham Lincoln 0%
Thomas Alva Edison 0%
Sir Isaac Newton 20%
Bill Gates 0%
Mother Teresa 0%
Coco Chanel 0%
Albert Einstein 20%
Queen Elizabeth I 0%
Marie Curie 20%
Queen Victoria 0%
James Watt 10%
Charles Darwin10%
Total votes: 10
Oppenheimer
Ada Lovelace
David Goggins
Original post by Wired_1800
Oppenheimer

Original post by Musical Cats
Ada Lovelace

Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Alexander the Great.

Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
David Goggins

Sorry that I am too late with the poll. But it is pretty difficult to name so many personalities the majority knows!

@Wise Goldie Are you back on Tuesday?
@ICEcold_Stoic and @Musical Cats I have really no idea for what these people stood for. Can you introduce them to me, please? :redface:
Original post by Kallisto
Sorry that I am too late with the poll. But it is pretty difficult to name so many personalities the majority knows!

@ICEcold_Stoic and @Musical Cats I have really no idea for what these people stood for. Can you introduce them to me, please? :redface:

Copy and pasted from Wikipedia:

''David Goggins (born February 17,1975), also known as The Toughest Man Alive, is a retired United States Navy SEAL, American ultramarathon runner, ultra-distance cyclist, Former Guinness World Record holder, triathlete, public speaker, and author of his two memoirs, one being the New York Times Best Seller Can't Hurt Me released in 2018 it has sold over 4 million copies. Goggins wrote a sequel Never Finished which was released in 2022. In 2019, he was inducted into the International Sports Hall of Fame for his incredible achievements in sport. Goggins was also awarded the VFW Americanism award in 2018, one of the most prestigious awards that an individual can achieve for their service in the United States Armed Forces.''

Man's a machine and absolutely relentless in his pursuit to push past his limits both mentally and physically. It's this mentality (or dog mentality as he calls it) that inspires me to do the same.

yes but can you do weekend days for me:smile:
Original post by Wise Goldie
yes but can you do weekend days for me:smile:

On Saturday and Sunday this week? I think so.

Oppenheimer

The American physicist who was involved in the first launched atomic bomb? What does this make him so admirable in your view? did you see the biopic in the cinema?
On Saturday and Sunday this week? I think so.

The American physicist who was involved in the first launched atomic bomb? What does this make him so admirable in your view? did you see the biopic in the cinema?

He was one of the key individuals that expedited nuclear research.
He was one of the key individuals that expedited nuclear research.

So true. And that is a good thing for you to mention his name in this poll? the consequences are known.
So true. And that is a good thing for you to mention his name in this poll? the consequences are known.

His name has been trending.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending