The Student Room Group

failed referral plym uni

I had a referral exam during which my mental health took a turn and i wasnt able to submit it during the 24 hours. I have applied for ECs for nonsubmission but dont know what that would mean, would i have to wait until next academic year now to do my non-submission meaning i wont graduate this year?

it was my second attempt at the exam so i dont have any attempts left, if my EC is rejected am i able to retake the module next year? the advice people said i wouldnt be able to as ive used all my attempts but surely people retake the year and its at new attempts so this would be too if they say its failed and you have to retake?

i have a job which incorporates a post grad cert within it so if i cant graduate ill lose my job offer. i feel so hopeless and defeated that i might have thrown away an entire year or even 3 years of work for the sake of not being able to handle my mental health and not submitting. any help or knowledge as to what i can do next would be really really appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by pillypum
I had a referral exam during which my mental health took a turn and i wasnt able to submit it during the 24 hours. I have applied for ECs for nonsubmission but dont know what that would mean, would i have to wait until next academic year now to do my non-submission meaning i wont graduate this year?

it was my second attempt at the exam so i dont have any attempts left, if my EC is rejected am i able to retake the module next year? the advice people said i wouldnt be able to as ive used all my attempts but surely people retake the year and its at new attempts so this would be too if they say its failed and you have to retake?

i have a job which incorporates a post grad cert within it so if i cant graduate ill lose my job offer. i feel so hopeless and defeated that i might have thrown away an entire year or even 3 years of work for the sake of not being able to handle my mental health and not submitting. any help or knowledge as to what i can do next would be really really appreciated

Hello I am sorry to hear this I am in quite similar situation as yours .
If you do not mind what type of mental health problems have you faced ? Do you have any proof form your dr ?
Reply 2
have you managed to find an outcome that lets you graduate this year??
i’ve struggled with depression for years and have severe emotional dysregulation supported by a long term health form as well ADHD and dyspraxia on the form so they’ve got my doctors proof of it already!

Original post by Zahwa
Hello I am sorry to hear this I am in quite similar situation as yours .
If you do not mind what type of mental health problems have you faced ? Do you have any proof form your dr ?
Reply 3
Original post by pillypum
have you managed to find an outcome that lets you graduate this year??
i’ve struggled with depression for years and have severe emotional dysregulation supported by a long term health form as well ADHD and dyspraxia on the form so they’ve got my doctors proof of it already!

No i m still waiting for the outcome
what about you have you applied for any additional consideration request or did u let your school now about your mental health problems ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending