The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

General engineering

Aberdeen is insurance university and I realise I have questions about the course - (have been ill so didn't deal with this earlier) - results day tomorrow so it's urgent and I can't get hold of anyone at the university who can help.
Can I do an industrial placement year with the MEng and, if so, do many people do one? Also, I don't have chemistry A-level. Does this mean I have to do chemistry modules in 1st and 2nd year or can Ijust accept I don't have the option to chose petro/chemical engineering in 3rd and 4th year?
engineering student at the uni here.

AFAIK you probably could do an industrial placement. If you didn't pick it, you've got the first 2 years to change your course anyway.

As for your second question- no
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by Mumtofour
Aberdeen is insurance university and I realise I have questions about the course - (have been ill so didn't deal with this earlier) - results day tomorrow so it's urgent and I can't get hold of anyone at the university who can help.
Can I do an industrial placement year with the MEng and, if so, do many people do one? Also, I don't have chemistry A-level. Does this mean I have to do chemistry modules in 1st and 2nd year or can Ijust accept I don't have the option to chose petro/chemical engineering in 3rd and 4th year?

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account here. Not to sure on the placement exactly, but would recommend contacting [email protected] so that the teaching team can give you a bit more information on if there are industrial placement options. Do let us know if you want to know anything about the university or city in general, would be very happy to discuss any questions you might have!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending