The Student Room Group

Can't reply to a thread

Hello, I'm new to TSR and I asked my first question today ("Do you need a Master's degree to get into a biology/biochemistry PhD programme?" in the Postgraduate forum) which got a reply! I wanted to say thank you to the person that replied, but when I click reply nothing happens. Also, I don't think clicking the "watch this thread" button works for me either. I also tried to press a "show spoiler" button on a different thread but nothing happened again. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Any advice would be helpful either way xD
Reply 1
Original post by vera8
Hello, I'm new to TSR and I asked my first question today ("Do you need a Master's degree to get into a biology/biochemistry PhD programme?" in the Postgraduate forum) which got a reply! I wanted to say thank you to the person that replied, but when I click reply nothing happens. Also, I don't think clicking the "watch this thread" button works for me either. I also tried to press a "show spoiler" button on a different thread but nothing happened again. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Any advice would be helpful either way xD

Just tried replying on my phone instead of my laptop and it lets me do it! Still no luck when using my laptop though…
Reply 2
Original post by vera8
Just tried replying on my phone instead of my laptop and it lets me do it! Still no luck when using my laptop though…

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7385214#post98713227

You have replied ...
Reply 3

Yep, I’ve been able to reply using my phone but when I try using my laptop I’m not able to interact at all. I’d rather use my laptop as it’s easier. Any idea as to what’s causing this? I’ve tried logging in and out of my TSR account on my laptop but that didn’t fix the problem ☹️
Original post by vera8

Hey! :hi:

Some things to try:

- are you deffo clicking the reply button and not quote button? (easily done) :smile: usually when the reply button is clicked, the 'reply' and 'quote' turn blue and should bring up a text box with the post you want to quote
- clearing cache
- using a different web browser

If it doesn't work post in this thread again, and I'll tag one of mods to advise you further
Reply 5
Original post by Chronoscope
Hey! :hi:

Some things to try:

- are you deffo clicking the reply button and not quote button? (easily done) :smile: usually when the reply button is clicked, the 'reply' and 'quote' turn blue and should bring up a text box with the post you want to quote
- clearing cache
- using a different web browser

If it doesn't work post in this thread again, and I'll tag one of mods to advise you further

Hello, I tried using Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome and it works on here! I'm actually replying on my laptop right now instead of my phone :smile: Maybe my Ecosia extension was interfering before? Either way, thanks so much for your help :biggrin:
Original post by vera8
Hello, I tried using Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome and it works on here! I'm actually replying on my laptop right now instead of my phone :smile: Maybe my Ecosia extension was interfering before? Either way, thanks so much for your help :biggrin:

Glad it's working for you now! :banana::woo: how strange :hmmmm:
Hello! I'm really sorry!! I can see that my previous posts in this thread have been moved to a new thread, but when I click on the notification to load that thread, it says "You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."

But I'm already logged in, I can't do anything apart from read and reply to posts that already exist! Should I log out? I'm just worried that I won't ever be able to log in again if I do that as it says it doesn't recognise my username or email address!!
Original post by sailhorsegirl
Hello! I'm really sorry!! I can see that my previous posts in this thread have been moved to a new thread, but when I click on the notification to load that thread, it says "You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."

But I'm already logged in, I can't do anything apart from read and reply to posts that already exist! Should I log out? I'm just worried that I won't ever be able to log in again if I do that as it says it doesn't recognise my username or email address!!

Here are screenshots of what's happening, if I click on the link to go to the thread, I get the "no permission to access this forum" message1000031733.jpg
1000031734.jpg1000031735.jpg
Reply 9
Original post by sailhorsegirl
Here are screenshots of what's happening, if I click on the link to go to the thread, I get the "no permission to access this forum" message1000031733.jpg
1000031734.jpg1000031735.jpg

Hello, sorry I’m not of much help since I’m really bad with technology stuff 😂 Have you tried using a different browser eg Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome or vice versa? I had a really buggy experience when using Chrome but Microsoft Edge works completely fine!
Original post by vera8
Hello, sorry I’m not of much help since I’m really bad with technology stuff 😂 Have you tried using a different browser eg Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome or vice versa? I had a really buggy experience when using Chrome but Microsoft Edge works completely fine!

Hello! I'm really sorry to have hijacked your thread! I can't find another way of asking my questions! I'm using TSR on my phone so idk if changing browser would help. I'll try to log in on a laptop and see if that works, thanks for the suggestion! Would prefer to be able to use it on my phone though, perhaps I should delete my account and start again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending