The Student Room Group

Termination

Hi,
As a second year student at KCL, I am not able to progress to year 3 if I fail one of my modules. The results of the resits are still not out but I don’t think I did good. So if I fail is there any chance they will return my money because I was international student? I know it’s crazy but a lot happened during these 2 years. I will explain why I even consider talking to a lawyer. In my first year we were supposed to have online exams. However, during second semester they announced that they made the decision only for our department to have inperson exams, which was really unfair!!! I’ve sent a couple of emails to my personal tutor but he never replies to me!!! Also, lecturers were on strike and some of our labs were cancelled. This year the strikes were worse- more cancelled labs + our exams were marked from Phd students because of lectures boycott and refusing to mark them. Also one of my modules will be left ungraded. Again my personal tutor isn’t replying to my email. Finally, this year I was overcharged 1000£ for my tuition fee and the money was not returned to me! My bank is from my country but the bank account is in pounds. Apparently the platform they use automatically converted the money into our currency although I have wrote the sum in pounds - so I was charged for double currency exchange. For a whole month I was contacting people from the university and the platform and finally gave up!!! So is there any chance my money will be returned?? I didn’t pay to be treated unfairly like a lab rat and to miss labs and to be graded by Phd students!!!
Reply 1
Exams being marked by PhD candidates is 100% normal and they are adequately qualified to do it.

You won't get any tuition back, but if you were overcharged then you should of course get the difference back.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
Exams being marked by PhD candidates is 100% normal and they are adequately qualified to do it.

You won't get any tuition back, but if you wrrevovercharged then you should of course get the difference back.

It’s not normal as the letter we received mentioned that they can give us less marks
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
It’s not normal as the letter we received mentioned that they can give us less marks

It is normal. I've done these gigs for a decade and it is just how things go. PhD candidates mark to the same scheme as everyone else, it is moderated twice like everything else. No problem.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending