The Student Room Group

Please help me find marks (2 marks of an A* for A level chemistry)

Ahhh i scored so low on this NMR question, where did I go wrong?IMG_5708.jpgIMG_5707.jpg
(edited 8 months ago)
5.3) You must state the carbon environment (in this case it would be C=O

5.4) I believe for part a ur structure is right but your explanation isn’t specific enough, what does the chemical shift and splitting pattern indicate? - “The chemical shift indicates that the hydrogen is bonded to a carbon which is bonded to an ester bond and the splitting pattern indicates that there are 3 hydrogens adjacent to it” something along those lines, and the same for part b

I did OCR though, so the way they mark papers may very well be different so I would take this with a pinch of salt.
Reply 2
Original post by PixiePresents
5.3) You must state the carbon environment (in this case it would be C=O

5.4) I believe for part a ur structure is right but your explanation isn’t specific enough, what does the chemical shift and splitting pattern indicate? - “The chemical shift indicates that the hydrogen is bonded to a carbon which is bonded to an ester bond and the splitting pattern indicates that there are 3 hydrogens adjacent to it” something along those lines, and the same for part b

I did OCR though, so the way they mark papers may very well be different so I would take this with a pinch of salt.

Do you think I was marked too harshly

Quick Reply

Latest